Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Airport Express acting strange..

Airport Express acting strange..
brent0saurus
Oct 11, 2005, 10:40 PM

I never had this problem before but all of a sudden it's been really buggy. When i play music it will just stop playing the song and itunes will start skipping and go through the track like it's trying to find a good spot to play. Also i was getting weak signal and i'm literally 1 foot away from it and i would drop a bar. It doesn't seem to be doing that anymore but what i'm really worried about is the fact that music will just stop playing through it. And when i'm playing just through my computer i don't have this issue. Only when i'm going through airport express to my stereo.
Any suggestions or information?
thanks a lot.

mmintler
Forum Regular
Oct 14, 2005, 12:19 PM

I'm having the same issue-except my song just pauses. Sometimes I have to use the airport utility and refresh the connection to fix. its rather annoying to have your music just stop.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-
Albert Einstein

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Oct 14, 2005, 03:26 PM

I have the same problem with iTunes music sharing -- when my microwave oven is running. I bet it's something similar happening. Microwave ovens and some models of cordless phones interfere with AirPort, causing it to not transmit data in a clean, continuous stream, causing the audio to stutter.

tooki

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 14, 2005, 04:43 PM

The Express may be more susceptible to a variety of interference signals because of its typical location at about a foot off the floor in an electrical outlet. It often helps wireless setups if the wireless device is up higher than that, like on a tall shelf. This may be because of where the interfering signals are emitted or propagated or both-a microwave is typically placed on a standard 36-40" high countertop, and a wireless phone base is often on a desk or standard countertop, while amazingly enough most computers are places at about the same height above the floor! Hmmm....

If possible change where things are located, either in elevation or placement within the room, and that could help.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

brent0saurus  (op)
Oct 17, 2005, 12:13 PM

it's weird though because i've never had this problem before and it's been in the same location. I might just bring it into the apple store but i doubt i'll be able to recreate the problem...
we'll see what happens.
thank you all for your replies!

Forum Links
Forum Rules