Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Is Condoleezza Rice Qualified to be Vice President?

Is Condoleezza Rice Qualified to be Vice President? (Page 2)
hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 03:46 AM

See how this thread becomes about Mitt Romney? Cause no one cares about Mushroom Cloud Condi Rice.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
See how this thread becomes about Mitt Romney? Cause no one cares about Mushroom Cloud Condi Rice.
Don't forget "mushroom cloud" Biden. After all, he supported action in Iraq too. Another failure of the media to vet a (D) ticket on what was among the most pressing matters of the time.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 03:59 AM

We need information on CIA leaks. We have a right to know.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 04:00 AM

And of course, let's not forget Libya.
ebuddy

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jul 16, 2012, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
What has Biden done as Vice President you have a problem with?
PARTIAL LIST:

– On March 13, 2009, Biden addressed a former Senate colleague by saying, “An hour late, oh give me a f**king break,” after he arrived on Amtrak at Union Station in Washington, D.C. The vice president’s expletive was caught on a live microphone.

– During a Feb. 25, 2009, interview on CBS’ “Early Show,” Biden encouraged viewers to visit a government-run Web site that tracks stimulus spending. When asked for the site’s web address, Biden could not remember the site’s “number.”

“You know, I’m embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number?” he asked an aide standing out of view. “I should have it in front of me and I don’t. I’m actually embarrassed.”

– At a Jan. 30, 2009, swearing-in ceremony of senior White House staff, Biden mocked Chief Justice John Roberts for his presidential oath blunder on Inauguration Day.

“Am I doing this again?” Biden said, after Obama asked him to administer the oath. When Biden was told the swearing-in was for senior staff — and not cabinet members — the vice president quipped, “My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts,” prompting a stern nudge from Obama.

– On Inauguration Day, Jan. 20 2009, Biden misspoke when he told a cheering crowd of supporters, “Jill and I had the great honor of standing on that stage, looking across at one of the great justices, Justice Stewart.” Justice John Paul Stevens — not Stewart — swore Biden in as vice president.

– When criticizing former GOP nominee John McCain in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 15, 2008, Biden said, “Look, John’s last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs.”

– In a Sept. 22, 2008, CBS interview, Biden misspoke when he said Franklin D. Roosevelt was president when the stock market crashed in 1929.

“When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn’t just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, ‘Look, here’s what happened,” he said. Herbert Hoover — not Roosevelt — was president in 1929, and television had not yet been invented in 1929.

– During a Sept. 12, 2008, speech in Columbia, Mo., Biden called for Missouri State Sen. Chuck Graham, who is wheelchair-bound, to “stand up.”

“Oh, God love ya,” Biden said, after realizing his mistake. “What am I talking about?”

– At a Sept. 10, 2008, town hall meeting in Nashua, N.H., Biden said, “Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me.”

– Biden mistakenly referred to Alaska governor Sarah Palin as the “lieutenant governor” of her state during a town hall meeting on Sept. 4, 2008 at George Mason University in Manassas, Va.

“I heard a very, by the way I mean this sincerely, a very strong and a very good political speech from a lieutenant governor of Alaska who I think is going to be very formidable, very formidable not only in the campaign but in the debate,” Biden said.

– Biden said he was running for president — not vice president — during a Sept. 1, 2008, roundtable discussion in Scranton, Pa.

“Today is the moment for me as a United States senator running for president to put aside the national politics and focus on what’s happening down there,” Biden said.

– Biden referred to John McCain as “George” during his vice presidential acceptance speech on Aug. 27, 2008, at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, Co. “Freudian slip, folks, Freudian slip,” he explained.

– Biden confused army brigades with battalions when speaking about Obama’s plan for sending troops to Afghanistan.

“Or should we trust Barack Obama, who more than a year ago called for sending two additional combat brigades to Afghanistan?”

– During his first campaign rally with Obama as his vice presidential running mate on Aug. 23, 2008, Biden introduced Obama by saying, “A man I’m proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!”

– On Jan. 31, 2007 — the day Biden announced his presidential bid — the Delaware Senator was roundly criticized for calling Obama “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 16, 2012, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
I've been doing that for months. Not gonna stop now.
...This is a valid reason to you? You didn't strike me as a traditionalist.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 16, 2012, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
PARTIAL LIST:
Wow.

Has anyone ever mentioned you get bothered by really stupid shit?

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by ebuddy View Post
You and your leftist shills will certainly want to compile all this damning evidence and have Romney arrested for falsifying the Federal financial disclosures. Until then, you'll have to be content with the only thing you've got, slander and innuendo as a diversion from your preferred outsourcer.
I don't want Rmoney arrested. No one does. No one thinks those Bain documents contain anything illegal or improper. The fact is, Rmoney was caught in a lie, because those docs prove it. The only way he didn't lie is if those docs are frauds, but no one actually thinks that. Rmoney lied to the public to escape blame for what happened at Bain, nothing more, nothing less.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 16, 2012, 04:51 PM

I don't want Rmoney arrested. No one does. No one thinks those Bain documents contain anything illegal or improper. The fact is, Rmoney was caught in a lie, because those docs prove it. The only way he didn't lie is if those docs are frauds, but no one actually thinks that. Rmoney lied to the public to escape blame for what happened at Bain, nothing more, nothing less.
He had a title at a company. Had something gone wrong in his bid to get the Olympics back on track, he could've popped right back into his lucrative position while enjoying a lucrative contract with them; otherwise leaving it for others to run while he did something else. Win-win. He didn't lie on the Federal financial form which is the entire crux of the contention here. If he had, I have no doubt you'd gloat his arrest. He had no active role at Bain that he would've been behind their business decisions to outsource jobs. Those docs prove nothing other than the Obama campaign is perfectly willing to stoop to any new low they can find to remain in power. All the more reason he needs to lose in November. Maybe then we can finally stop the bleeding of taxpayer-funded outsourcing.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 16, 2012, 05:05 PM

Mitt Romney outsourced Olympic uniforms to Burma.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/mitt-romney-olympics-outsourced-uniforms-burma_n_1677791.html

sunman42
Jul 17, 2012, 06:40 AM

And this has what to do with macnn?

As far as SECfiling-gate goes, the hotheads can cool it. I have no intention of voting for Willard, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was off running the idiotic US Olympic effort while his pals ran Bain but for some reason decided to keep his name on their SEC filings. It's they, not he (unless he signed some SEC forms) who could be subject to federal prosecution if they made false assertions to the SEC.

If someone could prove that Willard had an active role in managing Bain while ostensibly occupied with the Salt Lake frivolities, sure, it's a valid campaign issue, but someone needs proof of that. Of course, if Willard followed his dad George's sage advice, he wouldn't have cherry picked one year of tax returns to release, and the public might have a better idea how the one tenth of 1% manages its money.

Come to think of it, if Republican primary voters had voted for George in greater numbers in 1968, the Vietnam war might have ended in 1969, rather than six years of destruction and wasted lives later. We might not have had to go through invading Cambodia, invading Laos, bombing Haiphong and Hanoi, and all the other horror of the least six years of the war.

Anyone else get the feeling there was a good Romney candidate.... 44 years ago?

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 06:55 AM

He had a title at a company.
A title that came with a handsome pay check, and had executive responsibilities. Or do you think Bain was paying him to do nothing? How is that supposed to play with voters?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 17, 2012, 06:56 AM

He had several titles.

andi*pandi
Jul 17, 2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by sunman42 View Post
Interesting...

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by sunman42 View Post
Not as strong as the feeling that Obama will be considered a bad leader.... 44 years from now.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 04:50 PM

A title that came with a handsome pay check, and had executive responsibilities. Or do you think Bain was paying him to do nothing? How is that supposed to play with voters?
I don't much care if Bain was paying him to do nothing. I say more power to ya, just please do no harm. I mean, it beats paying a guy several hundred thousand dollars a year to drag the collective economy of the US into the shithouse.

Voters from Canada? Not really concerned.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 05:13 PM

I don't much care if Bain was paying him to do nothing. I say more power to ya, just please do no harm. I mean, it beats paying a guy several hundred thousand dollars a year to drag the collective economy of the US into the shithouse.
Voters from Canada? Not really concerned.

That guy's name was George W. Bush.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 05:22 PM

That guy's name was George W. Bush.
Your man-crush has reached its nexus.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 17, 2012, 05:42 PM

Your man-crush has reached its nexus.
Are you confessing that you have a man-crush on me? I'm flatter.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 17, 2012, 06:01 PM

I'm flatter.
In that case I'm definitely not interested.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 12:51 AM

I don't much care if Bain was paying him to do nothing. I say more power to ya, just please do no harm.
If Mitt Romney wanted free money for doing nothing, he should vote for the other guy named Barack Obama. That's what Mitt Romney told the NAACP.

For the $100k Mitt Romney took from Bain, 3 employees for laid off. Mitt Romney need new cars for the wife. She drives a few Cadillacs.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2012, 03:52 AM

liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.
ebuddy

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2012, 06:26 AM

Do you actually think liberalism is a mental disorder, or are you trying to game the forum rules about personal attacks by making a group attack?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 18, 2012, 06:31 AM

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking he's poking at hyteckit, because that would really sour me on any future discussions.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2012, 06:35 AM

I am willing as well, but I think tarring an entire group because of a fruitless discussion with hyteckit is the wrong way to go.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 18, 2012, 06:39 AM

I am willing as well, but I think tarring an entire group because of a fruitless discussion with hyteckit is the wrong way to go.
I think it's a side-effect of the election season. I've noticed a lot of member's posts have become more aggressive, vicious, and poisonous lately.

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2012, 06:43 AM

Bullshit. How does it feel to be wrong all the time?

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jul 18, 2012, 06:46 AM

Bullshit. How does it feel to be wrong all the time?
Like a Republican.

(This isn't helping)

subego  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 18, 2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Like a Republican.
(This isn't helping)
I was going to say you misspelled "retard", but you didn't.

(This isn't helping either)

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Like a Republican.

I was going to say you misspelled "retard", but you didn't.
(This isn't helping either)
(This isn't helping)
Ouch. Zing!

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 01:23 PM

Speaking of mental disorder, have you heard what Michelle Bachmann said lately?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/michele-bachmann-huma-abedin-muslim_n_1680083.html

Now that's a person with a mental disorder. She's like the female Glenn Beck, another person with a mental disorder.

Then you have Rush Limbaugh who also believe Bane in the new Batman movie is a liberal conspiracy make Mitt Romney look bad for the election.

Talk about mental disorders.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2012, 04:30 PM

Do you actually think liberalism is a mental disorder, or are you trying to game the forum rules about personal attacks by making a group attack?
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder is the title of a book by a very cynical, antagonistic, and fearlessly conservative old man who I used to find generally laughable. Given the focus of Obama's campaign and the uptick in feigned outrage here over the most mundane things imaginable, I was beginning to question the collective sanity of this ilk. To your point however, it was unfair. They're not even liberals any more.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 04:52 PM

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder is the title of a book by a very cynical, antagonistic, and fearlessly conservative old man who I used to find generally laughable. Given the focus of Obama's campaign and the uptick in feigned outrage here over the most mundane things imaginable, I was beginning to question the collective sanity of this ilk. To your point however, it was unfair. They're not even liberals any more.
feigned outrage here over the most mundane things imaginable?

Sounds like the current Republican Party.

OMG. Pres. Obama uses a Teleprompter.
OMG. Pres. Obama wouldn't release his college transcript.
OMG. Pres. Obama doesn't wear a flag pin.

Now that's mundane.

Tax returns aren't mundane things.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 18, 2012, 05:15 PM

feigned outrage here over the most mundane things imaginable?
Sounds like the current Republican Party. OMG. Pres. Obama uses a Teleprompter.
No one has feigned outrage over this. It's satirical gold. He's used them in an elementary school classroom addressing children. At some point they make the person behind them laughable and a tinge fraudulent. I believe it was originally aired on the Daily Show. The Obama campaign has made a concerted effort to pull them and... it shows.

OMG. Pres. Obama wouldn't release his college transcript.
These were people that just wanted to know what two things he "clinged to". Why would it be so much more important to release tax forms than college transcripts? What's bizarre about this is that it's generally the more contentious a candidate, the more contentious the opposition, but in this case you couldn't ask for a more moderate (R) to face Obama. Conservatives are plugging their noses to vote for this guy, but MAN HE JUST MAKES Y'ALL SO ANGRY!!!

OMG. Pres. Obama doesn't wear a flag pin.
He doesn't? I don't think I've seen him without one.

Now that's mundane.
Tax returns aren't mundane things.
How are they less mundane than college transcripts?
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 07:07 PM

No one has feigned outrage over this. It's satirical gold. He's used them in an elementary school classroom addressing children. At some point they make the person behind them laughable and a tinge fraudulent. I believe it was originally aired on the Daily Show. The Obama campaign has made a concerted effort to pull them and... it shows.
A normal person would think the teleprompter issue is silly and funny. Satirical gold.

Except Republicans are nuts and either really outrage or feign outrage over the use of a teleprompter.

Hey, Pres. Obama uses the teleprompter, so he must be a puppet of some communist overlord.
Glenn Beck thinks Pres. Obama is the Manchurian Candidate because Pres. Obama uses a teleprompter.

So you agree that Republicans who are outrage over the president's use of a teleprompter are borderline nuts right?

These were people that just wanted to know what two things he "clinged to". Why would it be so much more important to release tax forms than college transcripts? What's bizarre about this is that it's generally the more contentious a candidate, the more contentious the opposition, but in this case you couldn't ask for a more moderate (R) to face Obama. Conservatives are plugging their noses to vote for this guy, but MAN HE JUST MAKES Y'ALL SO ANGRY!!!
He doesn't? I don't think I've seen him without one.
How are they less mundane than college transcripts?
Tax returns are required for many situations. Not always required for every situation, but important enough and useful enough to require it in certain situations.

Renting/leasing a property.
Getting loans to buy a property.
Employment opportunities.
Government jobs.
High security clearance jobs.

You don't think the public has the right to know if a president candidate might have financial connections with foreign countries or foreign companies?

Which president has willingly released their college transcripts? Did Mitt Romney release his college transcripts?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 18, 2012, 08:58 PM

Why would anyone care if Bernie Madoff Allen Stanford Russell Wasendorf Sr Mitt Romney release his tax returns.

It's just mundane stuff like college transcripts.

Mitt Romney is a very honest man and doesn't go back on his word. When he says something, he means it.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 19, 2012, 03:22 AM

A normal person would think the teleprompter issue is silly and funny. Satirical gold.
Except Republicans are nuts and either really outrage or feign outrage over the use of a teleprompter.
Hey, Pres. Obama uses the teleprompter, so he must be a puppet of some communist overlord.
Glenn Beck thinks Pres. Obama is the Manchurian Candidate because Pres. Obama uses a teleprompter.
So you agree that Republicans who are outrage over the president's use of a teleprompter are borderline nuts right?
No. I think people who act nuts about what they believe other people are thinking without a shred of evidence to support their zeal are nuts.

Tax returns are required for many situations. Not always required for every situation, but important enough and useful enough to require it in certain situations.
Renting/leasing a property.
Getting loans to buy a property.
Employment opportunities.
Government jobs.
High security clearance jobs.
You don't think the public has the right to know if a president candidate might have financial connections with foreign countries or foreign companies?
I'd want to know if there's anything illegal in his tax returns. The IRS has them and at last check they're less contentious than Obama's croney; Warren Buffet who is mired in a fight with them over $1 billion in back taxes from 2002.

Investing in foreign businesses and foreign countries is typical in a global economy, particularly among Obama's economic panel of businesses including GE who enjoyed a great deal of our TARP funds and tax free status while outsourcing American jobs using the American taxpayers' money. Romney may be particularly keen on why it is so much wealth finds its way outside the US and work with this understanding, to bring that money back. Obama on the other hand; the more he decries this sort of practice while his campaign accepts money from prominent Democrats within Bain Capital and champions an economic advisory panel comprised of outsourcers and foreign investors, the less apt he is to want to do anything about it. Why? Because he is actively pretending this is not the case.

Which president has willingly released their college transcripts? Did Mitt Romney release his college transcripts?
What is it you'd like to know? Mitt transferred to Brigham Young University graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA. He and his wife moved to Boston so Mitt could attend Harvard Law School. He was also accepted into a joint M.B.A. program at Harvard Business School. Their second son, Matthew, was born and in 1975 Mitt graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School and in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 19, 2012, 03:46 AM

What is it you'd like to know? Mitt transferred to Brigham Young University graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA. He and his wife moved to Boston so Mitt could attend Harvard Law School. He was also accepted into a joint M.B.A. program at Harvard Business School. Their second son, Matthew, was born and in 1975 Mitt graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School and in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.
That wasn't the question. Has Mitt Romney released his college transcripts?

Pres. Obama was admitted to Harvard Law School. Was the president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama graduated with Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School. I guess Pres. Obama's Magna Cum Laude beats Mitt Romney's Cum Laude.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jul 20, 2012, 03:36 AM

That wasn't the question. Has Mitt Romney released his college transcripts?
No, you answer my questions. How are tax returns less mundane than college transcripts? If you're truly concerned whether or not there's something illegal in them, press the IRS to investigate them as they have all of Romney's tax returns, every last one. I've not asked for Obama's college transcripts.

Pres. Obama was admitted to Harvard Law School. Was the president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama graduated with Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law School. I guess Pres. Obama's Magna Cum Laude beats Mitt Romney's Cum Laude.
It might, if such a thing mattered.
ebuddy

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 20, 2012, 04:50 PM

No, you answer my questions. How are tax returns less mundane than college transcripts? If you're truly concerned whether or not there's something illegal in them, press the IRS to investigate them as they have all of Romney's tax returns, every last one. I've not asked for Obama's college transcripts.
It might, if such a thing mattered.
I have already answered your question. You even replied to it.

So I'm guessing you think all those conservatives demanding for Pres. Obama's college transcripts are a bunch of insane wackos right?

ebuddy"]
the uptick in feigned outrage here over the most mundane things imaginable, I was beginning to question the collective sanity of this ilk. To your point however, it was unfair.
[/quote]

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Jul 20, 2012, 10:54 PM

A thousand times more qualified then the current joke in the White House.

Matt Sargent
Oct 15, 2012, 06:16 PM

I'm gonna call it now....CONDI FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules