Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Access U.S. iTMS From Overseas?

Access U.S. iTMS From Overseas?
midwinter
Mac Elite
Nov 16, 2005, 03:14 PM

Does anyone know if there's a way to access the US iTMS from not the US? If I'm in Germany and decide that I have to buy, for instance, an episode of Lost, is there a way for me to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 16, 2005, 03:42 PM

You might be able to get someone in the U.S. to purchase a U.S. iTunes Music Card on your behalf and email you the code. I am currently in Australia but don't have an Australian iTunes Music Account. I was able to purchase a local iTunes Music Card and purchase songs from the Aussie iTunes Music Store using this card. I bet you can do the same with the U.S. cards.

TETENAL
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 16, 2005, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by midwinter
Does anyone know if there's a way to access the US iTMS from not the US? If I'm in Germany and decide that I have to buy, for instance, an episode of Lost, is there a way for me to do it?
As long as you use your US credit card you can access and download from the US-iTMS from wherever in the world you want to. All that counts the billing address of your credit card.
If you are going to stay in Germany for longer and will not have an US credit card during that time I would purchase gift credits or iTMS prepaid cards while you are still in the US to cover your future Lost downloads.

mhuie
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 16, 2005, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by midwinter

Thanks in advance.
You can access any country's iTMS by going to the store in iTunes and clicking the dropdown on the bottom of the page. You won't be able to purchase anything from the US store unless you have a credit card with a billing address in the US
MBP 1.83

poocat
Mac Elite
Nov 17, 2005, 10:12 AM

As others have posted, as long as your billing address is in the States, you're golden. This is actually a huge benefit for expats, especially those (like me) living in countries without decent music distribution systems.
"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Job

Forum Links
Forum Rules