Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > trackpad problems

trackpad problems
mylifenp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 17, 2008, 05:41 PM

Hi guys
even my touchpad is going crazy.......mouse seems to be working fine........i have done almost everything possible to eliminate this problem,
reinstalled OS , formatted it twice.....flashed bios....put it in refrigerator to cool it...cleaned with alcohol...uninstalled drivers...nothing helps.....

I am running VISTA and Fedora on my lappi (i know this forum is for mac, but since the problem is of touchpad and are similar i am posting it here)

At first the problem was only in VISTA ...Fedora seemed unaffected, but now it is going crazy there too.....

any more idea tht could bring my touchpad back to me from the ghost running it (it is really going crazy......)

Cold Warrior
Apr 17, 2008, 06:34 PM

Did you reset PRAM and the SMC?

osiris24x
Apr 23, 2008, 04:56 AM

You put your laptop in the fridge? Surely you're kidding.
Roger Michaels
Apple Certified Consultant
PDXMacRepair.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules