Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > B&W G3, Video Signal Quitting

B&W G3, Video Signal Quitting
kuntz
May 14, 1999, 03:04 AM

I have a 300mhz B&W G3 (all stock). Every once in a while the video signal would just stop and the power button on the monitor (17" Studio display) would turn orange. I can still log into it via filesharing but the only way to fix it is to hit the reset switch. I also noticed that the sytem will freeze sometimes during a screen redraw and I have to hit the reset button then too. I have also had a wierd problem that at random the command and period and some other keys don't work at all. I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in and wait a while than it will work. Any ideas?
Lucas

swinson
May 14, 1999, 05:26 PM

I'm having the EXACT same promblem and I can't put my finger on what is causing it. I installed 8.6 on Monday and this didn't start happening until friday. I haven't installed anything else since 8.6 and have used all the same apps everday.

TimRand
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 14, 1999, 05:53 PM

I have a suggestion... See if turning your color settings to Thousands and not Millions fixes your problems.

I'll bet you installed the OpenGL 1.0 as well. The new ATI drivers appear to have a problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules