Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 10 inch ibook

10 inch ibook
freakboy2
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 31, 2004, 11:58 PM

that's what we need. over at the rumors site, they were talking about thin 14 inch ibooks, but i want a 10 inch ibook.

i got my wife this tiny 10 inch widescreen pc laptop and it's really sweet. Of course it has to run windows, but anyway. Apple needs a smaller portable. something thats smaller than a laptop better than a PDA.

i'd buy one.

fb

mishap
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2004, 12:20 AM

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2004, 12:30 AM

Originally posted by mishap:
i would as well...

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.p...&highlight=oqo
I agree 100%. Just need to get battery life to a true 8 hours or more so you can use it all day long!

And make it so you can use the laptop in the bright sunlight .

hcorf
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2004, 01:25 PM

i think this might just be a little bit of a pisstake boys

hcorf
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2004, 01:27 PM

it is april 1st today

applepunk83
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 1, 2004, 03:25 PM

10 inch iBook? This isn't 1990 all over again. It would be hella small yeah, but almost too small to see anything and enjoy your screen. I think 12 is as small as they should go. Just my thoughts...

iBook 800/640/30
10GB iPod

freakboy2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2004, 08:21 PM

nah.. the 10 inch screen she has is high res, and you just turn up the font size to like 24-36. everything is super easy to read.

i'm telling you it weighs like 2 pounds and it can almost fit in your pocket. the screen is the brightest by FAR that i've seen on a notebook and the battery lasts about 6 hours.

it's pfhat! even the s'pht would like it.

fb

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2004, 03:37 AM

I'd love a 10" iBook (with current or future technology (not the best-we-can-do from the past stuff). I'd really like to be able to fit all of that power in a smaller package, which would make it even easier to bring along.

I envy Penny of Inspector Gadget with her computer book.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

gunnar
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 2, 2004, 04:13 PM

I'd love a 10" widescreen too. A 12" would be great too as long as it's widescreen. 1152 x 768 for both. It might not be possible, but the actual DPI would be so tight it would probably be usable. What would that be? About 200 dpi?

CrackedButter
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2004, 04:36 PM

The keyboard is already at a strain with staying on a 12", if it goes to 10" the keyboard will suffer.
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not and add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Apr 2, 2004, 04:37 PM

A 12" iBook is already around 106-107 dpi. It's usable, but I find it already a bit high for my tastes.

So far I've hated all the 10" laptops out there. Hard on the eyes, and I can't stand the shrunken keyboards.

The 12" iBook's screen does need updating though. It's not that bright, and the contrast isn't the greatest.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2004, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by freakboy2:
nah.. the 10 inch screen she has is high res, and you just turn up the font size to like 24-36. everything is super easy to read.

i'm telling you it weighs like 2 pounds and it can almost fit in your pocket. the screen is the brightest by FAR that i've seen on a notebook and the battery lasts about 6 hours.

it's pfhat! even the s'pht would like it.

fb
Yes but what does it have built in? 2 USB 2 Ports? Firewire? Built in Combo drive? Ethernet? and modem port? I doubt a machine with all that and a 10 inch screen would be 2 lbs
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2004, 04:42 PM

The smaller the better just get dvi out so you can hook it up to a monitor. Do something like the power book duo where it small very small enough to take places and when you are at home you have the huge screen. how sweet would that be. All you would need is a huge hd and a optical drive. USB2 fw ethernet and wimax or wifi. Something very small very very thin. Thinner than that sony which is the thinnest laptop out but not full featured.
Possibly no keyboard and mouse so the blue tooth would take action where you would get a external keyboard and mouse. That is how small it would be and how thin. Pluse it would be better for your hands to use a regular keyboard and mouse. That would make the whole thing that much thinner less wires etc =less power used. The thing should have like some solar pannal type of things so you are constly getting charged eather threw the light in the house the light out side or the bright light from your screen. It may be a small charge but even if you can get 1 hour out of it from using 4 hours or 5 something.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2004, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by yoyoman:
The smaller the better just get dvi out so you can hook it up to a monitor. Do something like the power book duo where it small very small enough to take places and when you are at home you have the huge screen. how sweet would that be. All you would need is a huge hd and a optical drive. USB2 fw ethernet and wimax or wifi. Something very small very very thin. Thinner than that sony which is the thinnest laptop out but not full featured.
12" PowerBook.
Possibly no keyboard and mouse so the blue tooth would take action where you would get a external keyboard and mouse. That is how small it would be and how thin. Pluse it would be better for your hands to use a regular keyboard and mouse. That would make the whole thing that much thinner less wires etc =less power used. The thing should have like some solar pannal type of things so you are constly getting charged eather threw the light in the house the light out side or the bright light from your screen. It may be a small charge but even if you can get 1 hour out of it from using 4 hours or 5 something.
Of course, as a laptop that'd be completely useless.

freakboy2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2004, 06:50 PM

ok, its more than 2 pounds.. i guess in the specs its about 3 pounds.. but it does have a DVD (can be DVD RW) vga out (no adapter needed). the keyboard is actually useable. I have pretty big hands, and sony has done a great job of making the keys feel big.

anyway, its a nice machine. it's not thin by any stretch of the imagination, but it is small.

APPLE BUILD US ONE!!

I want a mini-OSX ibook. like a mini-ipod.

make it blue

fb

furi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2004, 08:24 PM

10" iTablet would be excellent...

bjcain
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 2, 2004, 10:28 PM

Apple prides itself in not shipping tiny keyboards that are difficult to type on and I don't see that changing... IF a 10" came about it would have to be a widescreen and it wouldn't have much room left for a trackpad.

Titanium Man
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2004, 10:33 PM

I don't want a smaller screen. A little thinner, a pound lighter than the current 12" would be great. Better still, why won't Apple give us a choice of processors? Just because I don't want to have to lug around a 17" screen doesn't mean I don't want the fastest CPU. I can always plug in a Cinema Display when I get home, but I can't plug in a faster CPU.

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 3, 2004, 01:09 AM

Here's how you fit the full size keyboard and make the screen bigger.
12" Powerbook 1.5GHz/SuperDrive, 1.25GB Ram, 80GB HD, Airport Extreme, Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger
iBook (Late 2001)600MHz/Combo, 640MB RAM, 20GB HD, Airport, Mac OS X 10.3.9 Panther — web server

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2004, 03:06 AM

ok, its more than 2 pounds.. i guess in the specs its about 3 pounds.. but it does have a DVD (can be DVD RW) vga out (no adapter needed). the keyboard is actually useable. I have pretty big hands, and sony has done a great job of making the keys feel big.
Have you used it for extended period of time (say 1 week)?

I find the smaller keyboard very annoying even after 5 minutes. However, a friend tried a Sony out in the store and thought the slightly smaller keyboard was OK for her. Thus, she bought the machine. After some weeks using it, she's come to find the keyboard quite cramped and she just can't get used to it (and she's quite small). Thus, she's gonna get a new laptop. My 12 year-old nephew got the same laptop and it's fine for him, but, hey, he's 12.

Apple made a very smart decision by putting out the 12" iBooks and PowerBooks, with reasonable screen pixel densities and full-size keyboards. Sure, they could be somewhat lighter, but keeping the keyboard width and screen size is necessary.

Mr Ti
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2004, 04:51 AM

Check out the 8.5, YES 8.5 inch JVC micro portables, I've had a little play, the keyboard is small but horses for coarses, it is a nice little machine. The iBook woud do well to have a micro in the line up

Titanium Man
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2004, 08:16 AM

Forget the JVCs. Check out the Vulcan Flipstart if you really want to see a tiny Windows XP machine. One pound, with a 1024x600 5.6" LCD. It does only have a thumb keyboard, though. Still, it does have USB, so it is possible to add one of those foldable, full-size keyboards that Fellowes sells.

Xapplimatic
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 3, 2004, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by bjcain:
Apple prides itself in not shipping tiny keyboards that are difficult to type on and I don't see that changing... IF a 10" came about it would have to be a widescreen and it wouldn't have much room left for a trackpad.
10 inches wide doesn't dictate the size from front to back.. no reason there would be little room left for a trackpad.

IMHO, The 10" could easily have a full size keyboard.. just that the keyboard would be partially collapsable on the sides, something akin to the physical mechanics that the Belkin Palm keyboard (old style) uses.. Press the sides in , and they pop-out and come up to complete the keyboard.. Apple is creative enough to rethink this one.
{=-Xapplimatic-=}

wulf
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2004, 09:36 AM

My colleague just came back from Thailand, having picked up one of these at Singapore airport.

Not super-fast and the 10.6" 1280 x 768 widescreen isn't quite as bright as I'd like, but it's the first time I can remember being envious of someone having a PC laptop. The form factor is superb, and the keyboard is very usable. (Screen is great for watching DVDs on the move, natch.)

I'd love to see Apple doing a next-gen iBook - or small Powerbook - with this kind of spec.

ginoledesma
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2004, 10:22 AM

The keyboard is also one of the barriers-to-entry for me. I find the 12" keyboard just alright, though I do miss using a full keyboard. I've tried out various Vaios, Lifebooks, and other 10" laptops, and as I have rather big fingers, I can't stand typing on them for too long.

I don't mind the size of the PowerBook/iBook 12" models. If only Apple made Airport Extreme built-in (and not optional), not to mention Bluetooth too, had even longer battery lives (5-6 hours on regular use), and shaved off 1 more pound, I'd be really, REALLY more than happy.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Apr 3, 2004, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by wulf:
My colleague just came back from Thailand, having picked up one of these at Singapore airport.

Not super-fast and the 10.6" 1280 x 768 widescreen isn't quite as bright as I'd like, but it's the first time I can remember being envious of someone having a PC laptop. The form factor is superb, and the keyboard is very usable. (Screen is great for watching DVDs on the move, natch.)

I'd love to see Apple doing a next-gen iBook - or small Powerbook - with this kind of spec.
A colleague has one of the older model Lifebooks at that size. He likes it, but for me it's just a novelty that doesn't overcome its drawbacks. The keyboard of course is too small, and I don't like the squint-inducing screen.

I do think if Apple could create a machine with a collapsable full-size keyboard there would be more justification for a Mac ultra-portable, even with the squint-inducing screen. However, I don't think a machine with the design philosophy of that Lifebook would necessarily be a great idea. Apple already overall has a small market. That particular market is that much tinier.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 3, 2004, 12:25 PM

why do i remember some kind of IBM laptop i think that was really small, and had a "collapsible" keyboard?

when you closed it, it would sort of "scissor" into a top keyboard half and a bottom keyboard half all tucked in. when you opened it, it would expand and the keys would all line up. this was a long time ago.

it was an interesting solution to the keyboard problem. seemed like too many mechanical parts to go awry though. i like my 12" ibook just fine as far as size goes.

keltorsori
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2004, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by scaught:
why do i remember some kind of IBM laptop i think that was really small, and had a "collapsible" keyboard?

when you closed it, it would sort of "scissor" into a top keyboard half and a bottom keyboard half all tucked in. when you opened it, it would expand and the keys would all line up. this was a long time ago.

it was an interesting solution to the keyboard problem. seemed like too many mechanical parts to go awry though. i like my 12" ibook just fine as far as size goes.
You're not crazy. IBM made a couple of thinkpads with the butterfly keyboard back when Apple had the #1 selling laptop in the world (imagine that). It was the thinkpad 701 series, you can get them for about $50 these days.

http://www.thehistoryofcomputers.com...459166397.html

IBM has hinted that they may bring that feature back in their post T41 ultra-small/light series.

x user
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2004, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by Eug Wanker:
A 12" iBook is already around 106-107 dpi. It's usable, but I find it already a bit high for my tastes.

So far I've hated all the 10" laptops out there. Hard on the eyes, and I can't stand the shrunken keyboards.

The 12" iBook's screen does need updating though. It's not that bright, and the contrast isn't the greatest.
Note that the 12" PB's screen is slightly better than the iBooks. Still could be a lot sharper though. When Apple started making the IceBooks the screen was nice, it's now three years later...

Chimpmaster
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 4, 2004, 12:04 AM

Well I can undertand that everyone wants something different.

Personally I think the 12" ibooks and powerbooks are incredibly compact - i can imagine wanting to use a smaller machine with a smaller screen. They are very light as is too.

If I was going to buy a notebook tomorrow I would buy a 14" ibook - but thats just my personal preference.
MacBook Alu, 13", 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256MB video
G5 Imac, 17", 1.9Ghz, 1.5GB RAM, 128MB video, built in isight, airport and bluetooth
Indigo iBook, 366mhz; 320MB RAM; CD; FW; Airport

Graymalkin
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2004, 07:00 AM

I don't know that there is a huge market for laptops with screens smaller than 12". When laptops get that small it is difficult if not impossible for most people to use them as primary machines. As such they become extremely expensive electronic accessories rather than a full fledged computer. My Powerbook is my full time computer, it is light enough to be easily portable but has enough power to actually get work done. I see quite a few Crusoe and C3/Eden based subnotebooks on the market without a large demand for them. While it is neat to have a notebook the size of a DVD case it isn't necessarily the most practical thing ever.

The 12" iBooks and Powerbooks survive against competing PC laptops with umpteen gigahertz processors because they are small but fully functional. If Apple were to release a 10" version of either system some functionality would simply have to be dropped. Both lines have internal optical drives, wireless networking, a wide range of ports, and importantly decent sized keyboards. If any one of these features were dropped the computers would suddenly be quite a bit less desirable. I held off buying a 12" Powerbook until I had enough time to really use one of the 12" iBook's keyboards. Once I figured I could type on it for a reasonable amount of time the Powerbook became that much more attractive to me. I also wouldn't pick up a laptop lacking an optical drive. I want to have portable functionality, not a portable but crippled machine. The same goes for periphrial ports and wireless, without them my Powerbook wouldn't be of much use to me at all. Something would end up sacrificed on a 10" notebook, all of the small PC notebooks are crippled in some means in order to reduce the system's footprint.

mjs00
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 4, 2004, 01:27 PM

FWIW, IMO, a 10" LCD ibook or powerbook would be a godsend, and I would purchase immediately. It definitely wouldn't be for everyone, but as someone who travels a lot, and likes to carry a laptop more often than not, the form factor is ideal for mobile access.

I currently use a 12" Powerbook, but the ultimate form factor was a previous Sony 10" XP machine I used prior to Apple having a 12" G4.

The Sony XG easily got 6 hours battery life (12 hours with extended life battery), weighed less than 4 pounds (CD/floppy were external firewire/USB), and had built in fast ethernet, modem, wifi(b). And this was three years ago.

Only tradeoff was 95% keyboard, that was for the most part usable (except for right shift key), USB 1.1 (instead of 2.0), and VGA-out required a dongle. But PC-Card Cell modems worked great (Sprint..), but they did kill battery life. But still better than USB to a Sprint Cell phone (since the 'fast' cell data today is sprint, and they don't do bluetooth)

But for Internet/email/MS office apps/Adobe apps on the go, it was wonderful. Those who have used a Powerbook on SouthWest airlines know that a 12" barely works. A 10" is great even when the person in front of you reclines fully, you can still compute with laptop. It's also way more convenient to take. And the physics of less display help with the battery life problem.

My wish list for 10" G4 Powerbook (or ibook) would be
- VGA connector (not dongle) for presentations (DVI nice, but not required, S-Video & Composite out via dongle good if can't fit port)
- Firewire 400 & USB 2.0
- Bluetooth, Airport Extreme (both standard) - make the modem optional with USB dongle :-) ... make this a wireless powerhouse ...
- Built-in slim combo drive (gotta play DVD and CD-backup). But DVD burn maybe easier via firewire to fast 8x+
- Better heat dissipation - hot notebook is no fun on lap.
- I'd be happier with slower G4 to get better heat/battery performance
- .. and if Danger Sidekick can stick a T-mobile phone is something the size of an ipod, I would love a cell phone model to plug in for internet/data access w/o having to depend on an exteral phone.
- probably would prefer ibook for polycarbonate (lighter?) case than AL. I have old ThinkPads with their cases that are perfect, even with abuse. I think there's something to be said for older thinkpad, (and even older HP calculator-type) cases that can be heavily used an be no worse for wear.

Hope Apple does one someday, but market share is so limited, they probably won't :-<

... all things considered, I'd probably want my Apple media box (Something easy for my wife to use in the living room, and where I can easily 'tivo' shows, and xfer to my laptop prior to travel - like the my microsoft friends can do today)

-mjs

sungwoo
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 4, 2004, 04:19 PM

For me, I want to 10~12" ibook (or powerbook) with tablet LCD, without cdrom-drive, and without keyboard.

Make it smaller and lighter.
I envy Panasonic's LetsNote series and Thinkpad x40.

wuzup101
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2004, 04:03 AM

I would love there to be a nice little PowerBook or iBook to compete with the sony TR and fugi 5020 series mini books. They aren't for everyone, but they do serve a market of people who want good batt life and an ultra portable book.

BTW. I'm kinda wondering - what do you all consider full featured. I know the above mentioned PC laptops aren't as full featured as some monster desktop replacements but that's not what they were intended for. I can tell you this, if you put the Lifebook 5020D next to the 12" PB or iBook you'd be hard pressed to say the macs were more "full featured" in any way (besides being bigger... and we see that's not the point in this market). The lifebook also has wireless b/g, firewire, usb2.0 just as the macs do (though firewire is not powered IIRC). The lifebook has 5.1 digital sound and vga + s-video out. It also has an onboard optical drive that is removable and can be replaced w/ a second battery. On top of that the keyboard isn't as small as you would think b/c it is a widescrean design... and IMHO seeing the 12" PB and the Lifebook next to eachother at the campus computerstore... the lifebook screan blows the comp away.

Believe me, there are plenty of reason's to buy the macs, I just don't see "being full featured" an argument. Yes they have the features needed to get by, but there are plenty of things I'd like to see in them.

This being said I think I'm still planning on getting myself a 12" iBook or possibly a PB if the new rev comes out soon. For my needs the price is definitely right! Pluss they are damn sexy!

Sorry don't mean to sound like a troll... just a bit late I guess

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 6, 2004, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by wuzup101:
I would love there to be a nice little PowerBook or iBook to compete with the sony TR and fugi 5020 series mini books. They aren't for everyone, but they do serve a market of people who want good batt life and an ultra portable book.

BTW. I'm kinda wondering - what do you all consider full featured. I know the above mentioned PC laptops aren't as full featured as some monster desktop replacements but that's not what they were intended for. I can tell you this, if you put the Lifebook 5020D next to the 12" PB or iBook you'd be hard pressed to say the macs were more "full featured" in any way (besides being bigger... and we see that's not the point in this market). The lifebook also has wireless b/g, firewire, usb2.0 just as the macs do (though firewire is not powered IIRC). The lifebook has 5.1 digital sound and vga + s-video out. It also has an onboard optical drive that is removable and can be replaced w/ a second battery. On top of that the keyboard isn't as small as you would think b/c it is a widescrean design... and IMHO seeing the 12" PB and the Lifebook next to eachother at the campus computerstore... the lifebook screan blows the comp away.

Believe me, there are plenty of reason's to buy the macs, I just don't see "being full featured" an argument. Yes they have the features needed to get by, but there are plenty of things I'd like to see in them.

This being said I think I'm still planning on getting myself a 12" iBook or possibly a PB if the new rev comes out soon. For my needs the price is definitely right! Pluss they are damn sexy!

Sorry don't mean to sound like a troll... just a bit late I guess
This reminds me of the mini-ipods argument.

When they 1st came out, I was one of the people that thought they were not only priced right, but would sell like crazy.

That's how I feel about a smaller laptop option.

How can apple not address the need?

They can still have a 12inch ibook, 15 inch powerbook, and still have room for a smaller notebook.

say an ibookmini.

I woudl love a full sized keyboard, but there are ways to do that and make the notebook smaller and smaller.

I'm looking at my ibook right now and thinking about how to do it. First, make the width thinner. They can do that with the slot loading drive.

To make it smaller, don't shrink the keyboard.

Cut it in half horizontially.

IN other words the space below the keyboard (where the trackpad is and where you rest your palms) wouldn't exsist.

Cut the screen to a widescreen fit that fits the size and covers the keyboard.

Simple. You can add a little extra for a trackpad, or better yet make the widescreen a TOUCH SCREEN. That would be great.

It would be the ultimate protable for the writer on the go or whoever.

So just trim the fat off the ibook to make a mini - ibook.

It would sell like hotcakes. And everyone loves hotcakes!

nikon
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 11, 2004, 07:07 AM

Apple will introduce a 10" iBook right after they make a multi button mouse with scroll wheel.
"Laugha while you can monkeyboy." Dr.
Lizardo

700MHz iBook G3
640MB Ram
OS 10.3.9

freakboy2  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2004, 03:49 PM

i still want one

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 17, 2004, 09:59 PM

I wouldn't mind an ultraslim PowerBook/iBook without a built-in CD drive.
Something under 1" thick, about 2.5-3.0lbs, 12" screen, built-in 802.11 & BT, VGA out (with dual display capability), USB 2.0, and FireWire 400. The optical media can be easily handled by a slimline FireWire external drive.
Low voltage 1GHz G4, 768MB RAM.

Something like the Dell Latitude X300.

Now that would be my ideal Apple laptop!
Apple - build it and I'll buy it.

wvx
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2004, 03:48 PM

that's what we need. over at the rumors site, they were talking about thin 14 inch ibooks, but i want a 10 inch ibook.

i got my wife this tiny 10 inch widescreen pc laptop and it's really sweet. Of course it has to run windows, but anyway. Apple needs a smaller portable. something thats smaller than a laptop better than a PDA.

i'd buy one.

fb
Can we say iBook mini? Perfect for people that still have their eye sight... and if you have bad eyes, Apple doesn't discriminate... they'll sell you a 14" 1024x768 iBook! I'd buy an iBook mini

10" 1024x768 screen?
32MB Video? 256MB RAM built in, upgradable to 768MB? up to 40GB 1.8" hard drive?

Not a full blown iBook, a super portable iBook mini

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 20, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally posted by nikon:
Apple will introduce a 10" iBook right after they make a multi button mouse with scroll wheel.
2010 ?

-t

ccsccs7
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 20, 2004, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by wvx:
Can we say iBook mini?�

10" 1024x768 screen?
32MB Video? 256MB RAM built in, upgradable to 768MB? up to 40GB 1.8" hard drive?

Not a full blown iBook, a super portable iBook mini
Nah. That might cut into iPod sales.

Link
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2004, 02:42 AM

I bet starman wouldn't buy it unless the screen was 1920x1440.
Aloha

Forum Links
Forum Rules