Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Good Backpack for macbook +external drive?

Good Backpack for macbook +external drive?
zerock
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 17, 2007, 12:01 AM

ok i need a good backpack that would fit a MacBook and a Ministrack external hard drive, plus their respective cables.

Any tips?

Thanks

dixeyk
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 17, 2007, 01:10 AM

I have always liked a good padded sleeve in a messenger bag (like a Chrome or Timbuk2). You usually get a good deal of room, I think it more comfortable than a backpack and doesn't scream "I AM CARRYING A LAPTOP"!!!

Just my 2 cents.

xsphat
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2007, 02:21 AM

I bought a Timbuk 2 Blogger for college and I am really happy with it. Plenty of room (even on the days when I have Lit, Math and Soc in a row!).

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Jan 17, 2007, 11:12 AM

Depends if you want a messenger bag or backpack style. Personally I have used both, and for carrying a drive and cables etc. a backpack style might be better. Check out some Dakine bags, rugged as hell and lots of storage.
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules