Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > How to fully open bottom casing?

How to fully open bottom casing?
ToastyKen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 03:36 PM

My audio-out port is kind of messed up. From using it on my lap and pushing up on my audio cables, I think I've loosened the connections inside, such that the right channel goes out a lot.

Anyway, I want to open the casing up to see if I can maybe do some soldering or something. (It's out of warranty.) Even when I remove all the screws from the bottom of the case, though, the plastic still doesn't come off. I'm assuming there are some latches somewhere I have to push in to get the casing off.

Does anyone know or have any pointers to documentation on how to get the bottom casing off? Thanks!

ToastyKen  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 03:37 PM

Oops. I forgot to mention that this is for a PowerBook G3 (Firewire).

ToastyKen  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 30, 2002, 03:40 PM

I'd also like to add that i know how to install a new hard drive and all that, but I need to get to the audio out port, which can't be accessed from under the keyboard.

Forum Links
Forum Rules