Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > yahoo mail

yahoo mail
gooser
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2008, 10:42 PM

first of all i have no idea where to post this.
does anyone here use yahoo mail? how do i backup my mail?
thanx.
imac g3 600
imac g4 800 superdrive
ibook 466

Cold Warrior
Jan 25, 2008, 08:34 AM

I've moved this to Applications. Definitely not OS X, and in the context of backing up email, it seems more like Applications than OS X.

You can back up your email in Yahoo by forwarding it to another account, such as one you can check and download through Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, etc. Or if you pay for Yahoo's POP/IMAP options (does one still have to pay??), you could use those apps to download your Yahoo email to keep copies locally.

timmerk
Mac Elite
Jan 26, 2008, 11:06 PM

You can't, unless you have Yahoo Mail Plus or whatever. Then you enable POP3 access, use Mail.app to grab all your email, then use Mail.app to export/save all your emails.

If you really mean "backup" all of your emails, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Yahoo has their own backups and your data is safe.

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by timmerk View Post
You can't, unless you have Yahoo Mail Plus or whatever. Then you enable POP3 access, use Mail.app to grab all your email, then use Mail.app to export/save all your emails.

If you really mean "backup" all of your emails, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Yahoo has their own backups and your data is safe.
i've had a basic yahoo mail account for a decade, and they've never lost anything...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules