Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > ATI Radeon 9600 XT question

ATI Radeon 9600 XT question
ThisGuy
Mac Elite
May 2, 2005, 01:15 PM

I recently pulled out my stock GeForce FX 5200 Ultra and replaced it with a 9600 XT pulled from a dual 2.5. When I restarted the video quality was less than impressive. It was, for the lack of a better word, blurry. The image quality with the 5200 Ultra was good. Never had a problem with it at all. Does anybody have any ideas as to why this may be? Are there utilities for this card that I don't know about?
( Last edited by ThisGuy; May 2, 2005 at 01:23 PM. )

Amacapart
Baninated
May 2, 2005, 01:22 PM

No "sharpening" utilities that I know of.

Have you installed "ATI Displays 4.5.1"? Would have latest options, though OEM cards frequently don't have many. There are some options available for DVI on Retail cards.

It is possible you have a bad card.

ThisGuy  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2005, 01:28 PM

i have not. i will try it tonight when i get home. the card was working perfectly in the 2.5.
there would not be any reason to reinstall the OS at all would there? for specific drivers or whatever.

deboerjo
Dedicated MacNNer
May 2, 2005, 02:09 PM

What kind of monitor do you have? How is it connected? The problem may possibly lie with the DVI-VGA adapter if there is one involved.

ThisGuy  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2005, 08:22 PM

it is a cornea 18' display with vga. cheapo, yes, but still usable for my day to day use. i use the apple provided DVI-VGA adapter to connect it to my G5. i'll know more when i get home and download the ati utility.
http://www.mac-pro.com/s.nl/sc.2/cat...it.A/id.516/.f

ThisGuy  (op)
Mac Elite
May 2, 2005, 11:06 PM

oddly enough i restarted the machine and the blurriness seems to have gone away. i hope it stays that way.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
May 3, 2005, 11:33 AM

It's entirely possible that the right drivers weren't loaded, a cold reboot will usually fix that.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Forum Links
Forum Rules