Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" external battery charger yet?

17" external battery charger yet?
Such87
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2005, 09:57 PM

Have any external battery chargers come onto the market recently? (Or, are there any on the market at all?)

-Jordan

Dewaine
Sep 25, 2005, 10:00 PM

Other than pluging your PB into an AC outlet, I for one (may be my ignorance) don't know what you are talking about.

Such87  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2005, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dewaine
Other than pluging your PB into an AC outlet, I for one (may be my ignorance) don't know what you are talking about.
I'm talking about a way to charge a battery that isn't connected to the powerbook. Useful if you have two batteries, or damaged the powerbook side of the powerbook-to-charger connection.

cash
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2005, 12:28 AM

The external battery charger I guess is like the ones you (usually) get with camcorders and cameras (digital ones anyway). It's a seperate piece of hardware with a power cable attachment on one end. You just place the battery in the charger and plug the power cable from the wall socket to the charger.

I'd love one of those But I'm not sure if any exist for apple laptops... anyone know?

--
cash

budster101
Baninated
Location: Illinois might be cold and flat, but at least it's ugly.
Sep 26, 2005, 12:38 AM

None.

Forum Links
Forum Rules