Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone 2G Lock Button broken! How to turn on?

iPhone 2G Lock Button broken! How to turn on?
applesbiggestfan
Forum Regular
Jul 21, 2009, 01:22 AM

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on the forum for ages but now I have a problem, I have my iPhone and it's jailbroken and all that...
I've installed BossPrefs on it because through that I can restart springboard, lock, reboot, and shutdown my iPhone.
So today I had to fly in a plane, so I accidentally pressed the Shutdown button in BossPrefs.

(note: BossPrefs is not important, just explaining how it happened.

NOW my iPhone is shutdown and I cannot get it back on!!! My lock button broke, and came off a while back although I think it still has everything beneath other than the actual black button.

Is there ANY other way to get my iPhone to turn on without the lock button, or any way to get the broken lock button to work?

Thanks,
Leo

mackiebookie
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 21, 2009, 11:10 AM

plug it into your computer or wall power. it should turn right back on.

applesbiggestfan  (op)
Forum Regular
Jul 22, 2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by mackiebookie View Post
plug it into your computer or wall power. it should turn right back on.
I've tried that already, it doesn't work for me. I tried plugging it into my laptop, holding down the home button, sticking something into the gap where the lock button was... I'm desperate haha

Is there anything else I could do, like an app to download onto my Mac (stupid idea, but whatever) or something... I'll try to post pictures of what the lock button looks like

Thanks for the reply tho

Forum Links
Forum Rules