Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > It's In!

It's In!
lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 08:03 PM

HEHEHEHEHE! I have the biggest and dorkest smile on my face right now! My new powerbook came in today! i was told i'm the first person in vancouver to receive it! i guess it helps to be first on their waiting list.

what can i say about it... this thing is awesome! first thing i did at the store was try out the backlit keyboard, even had them shut off all the lights and close the blinds to see it in action. very very cool!

first thing i've done so far is connect to wireless router here at work, bada bing bada boom, it worked just like that(it's d-link 802.11b router).

second thing, the latch is a bit awkard, akward as in i almost freaked out when i tried closing it, wouldn't click shut. but i eventurally figured out that u need to apply a bit more pressure to it.

thirdly, the trackpad and button is a bit weird, there's no double tapping on the pad to open things, u have to click on the button.

lastly... I'M LOVING IT! just waiting for my timbuk2 messenger bag and sleeve to arrive now.

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 23, 2003, 08:07 PM

D*mn you!

Mind if I drop by your house to check it out? c'mon help out a fellow Vancouverite hehe

milhaus
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2003, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Rain:
D*mn you!

Mind if I drop by your house to check it out? c'mon help out a fellow Vancouverite hehe
Explains the screen nic.
|Desktop:|Abit NFS7 Athlon 3200+, 1GIG RAM, DVD-R (A05) CDRW (52x), 1X200GIG, 1X160GIG, 2X120GIG, ATI Radeon 9800Pro, Samsung 172x Win XP Pro SP2
|Laptop:| Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz AE BT 768MB 10.3
|Laptop 2:| Compaq 1050CA 1.4ghz Centrino 512MB Win XP Home

Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2003, 09:06 PM

to enable the double tapping thing, go to the mouse control pane under system preferences

congrats on your PB!!!

(mine will be here by thursday, I really, really can't wait!!! woot!)

iomatic
Mac Elite
Sep 23, 2003, 09:45 PM

eh, screw you guys

that's so yesterday. we 12" owners are up next... maybe...

lunaticbunny  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 23, 2003, 10:03 PM

Woohoo! thanks for the tip. so much better now, but i was actually getting used to just using the trackpad button.

this powerbook is just so cool! can't wait till i bring it out with me, whip it out of my bag and lay this baby down on the table. ppl will be ohhing and awwing

QUOTE]Originally posted by 11011001:
to enable the double tapping thing, go to the mouse control pane under system preferences

congrats on your PB!!!

(mine will be here by thursday, I really, really can't wait!!! woot!)
[/QUOTE]

Rain
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 24, 2003, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by milhaus:
Explains the screen nic.
Hey, good eyes!

And, iomatic: what do you mean "maybe"?? We are SOOO up next

Lunaticbunny: do you really want to bring it out in public so soon? I dunno...lots of rabid "PBers" waiting to get their paws on one...*wipes slobber off mouth*

Bruck
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 24, 2003, 11:18 AM

I'm jealous mine shipped this morning!

iomatic
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2003, 11:28 AM

I mean, *snif*, our PBs will _never_ get here.

Originally posted by Rain:
Hey, good eyes!

And, iomatic: what do you mean "maybe"?? We are SOOO up next

Lunaticbunny: do you really want to bring it out in public so soon? I dunno...lots of rabid "PBers" waiting to get their paws on one...*wipes slobber off mouth*

bfurtado
Sep 24, 2003, 11:42 AM

Milhaus its you! Its bfurtado from RFD. Thanks for turning me on to this site. I hope I become the first 1Ghz 12" PB owner in Ontario. C'mon apple! Even my dreams are being consumed by the anxiousness. Congrats on the PB. Have fun with it.

Brian

lunaticbunny  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2003, 09:13 PM

http://www.jelly4.com/bwu/powerbook.jpg

http://www.jelly4.com/bwu/bag.jpg

here it is everyone, my new setup, which also happens to feature my new PowerBook. i've also included a photo of my timbuk2 messenger bag and sleeve.

so it's been a day so far... a couple of things i've noticed, while running on battery power, the speaker area it's quite warm - a toasty warm, good for cold fingers during winter. actually the entire powerbook would act as a superb heat pack on those cold wintery days. the other thing, battery life isn't what i would call great, especially since i'm just surfing the net and d/l'ing some stuff here and there. going to try if it can play a 3hr DVD.

when the powerbook is plugged in, boy does thing get hot. the whole thing is hot, that's including the keyboard and wrestpad area.

a niffty feature - apple included the flashing power light during sleep mode just like the powermac!

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2003, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by lunaticbunny:
HEHEHEHEHE! I have the biggest and dorkest smile on my face right now! My new powerbook came in today! i was told i'm the first person in vancouver to receive it! i guess it helps to be first on their waiting list.

what can i say about it... this thing is awesome! first thing i did at the store was try out the backlit keyboard, even had them shut off all the lights and close the blinds to see it in action. very very cool!

first thing i've done so far is connect to wireless router here at work, bada bing bada boom, it worked just like that(it's d-link 802.11b router).

second thing, the latch is a bit awkard, akward as in i almost freaked out when i tried closing it, wouldn't click shut. but i eventurally figured out that u need to apply a bit more pressure to it.

thirdly, the trackpad and button is a bit weird, there's no double tapping on the pad to open things, u have to click on the button.

lastly... I'M LOVING IT! just waiting for my timbuk2 messenger bag and sleeve to arrive now.
Hehehe, nice, congrats, and enjoy it.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules