Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Hard Drive Icon not staying in place

Hard Drive Icon not staying in place
holderlin
May 8, 2004, 09:17 AM

How do I fix the Hard Drive icon from being in different places on my desktop when I start my computer? What causes this? I ran diskwarrior thinking that it would fix the problem but no luck.

Thanks,
Bob

Ryan Becker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 8, 2004, 06:41 PM

Well that's weird.

Do you have the Desktop's View Options set to "snap to grid"?? That might do it....

I have never seen my HD placed anywhere other than the top right corner.... which brings up a point. Are you trying to get the HD to stay somewhere other than that? If so, that's the problem, the HD can only be in the upper right corner.

-Ryan
800mhz 15" Flat Panel iMac G4, 32mb GeForce2MX, OS X (10.3), Maxtor 120gb & 250gb FireWire HDs, FireWire Zip 250, iSight

holderlin  (op)
May 9, 2004, 11:12 AM

I want my hard drive to stay in the upper right hand of the screen but it won't. I checked that grid alignment was checked for the desktop and it is.

Any other suggestions. I used to have problems with this in OS9 but can't remember if I ever found a fix or just got used to it.

Thanks,
Bob

Ryan Becker
Dedicated MacNNer
May 9, 2004, 03:40 PM

That's really weird. I don't know what to do.

Maybe try adjusting the size of the icons a bit??

-Ryan
800mhz 15" Flat Panel iMac G4, 32mb GeForce2MX, OS X (10.3), Maxtor 120gb & 250gb FireWire HDs, FireWire Zip 250, iSight

Forum Links
Forum Rules