Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Performa 6400/200 w/ Avid Cinema

Performa 6400/200 w/ Avid Cinema
bizzare
May 25, 2000, 05:13 PM

Selling:
Apple Performa 6400/200
200mhz
80MB RAM
2.4GB HD
2 PCI Slots
2 USB Ports
10/100 Base-T Ethernet
A/V Analog In/Out (via Avid Cinema)
28.8kbps Modem
Apple Multiple Scan 15"

I'll give it to who ever tells me a price first. I just want to get it off my hands.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2000, 07:38 AM

You hadn't gotten any replies yet, so I decided to post this. I work for a community center that just opened a computer education program. We have 3 Wintel machines, but could use a Mac to facilitate a more well-rounded learning experience.

I thought about donating my old LC III there, but decided against it because the operating system was so old I didn't believe it was practical.

Anyway, this isn't the type of posting you were probably hoping to receive. But if you are truly wanting to unload your computer, this will make a good tax-writeoff.

The Director of the Center can be emailed at [email protected], or you can reply to me.

Good luck either way.

Lanny

bizzare  (op)
May 26, 2000, 05:43 PM

i'd most likely have given it to you, if i lived in the US. i'm in canada.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
May 26, 2000, 10:40 PM

That is very kind of you. How much do you think shipping/handling would cost? I think the board of directors would be crazy not to approve the payment of shipping/handling if you were willing to donate your computer.

If you decide to follow through with this, I can make sure that you get a receipt of the transaction. I don't know if it is tax-deductable for you in Canada (I know nothing about taxes here in the U.S.A, let alone in Canada).

Anyway, it sure is nice of you to even consider donating your computer to the community center.

Wishing you the best,

Lanny

tonywong
May 28, 2000, 06:31 PM

How's about $250CDN? I'm in Edmonton.

Walker
Grizzled Veteran
May 29, 2000, 08:17 AM

Well, although that would be an outstanding price for the computer, I'm certain that they wouldn't approve the cost. From what I've figured out, 250.00 CAD Canada Dollars = 166.445 USD United States Dollars. This is very good, but this community center is completely non-profit, and each purchase is paid via grants or a petty cash account. It was a grant that paid for the PC's that they got, and the petty cash account is funded by allowing different facets of the community to rent the meeting room areas. Anyway, the $166 is too much for the petty cash account to handle. Usually the biggest petty cash transactions are $30-50.

I appreciate you trying to make it possible for this to happen. If you want to sell it to me directly, I'd be willing to pay you the $166 american dollars/250 canadian dollars, but I'd use the computer for my kids. Eventually I'd probably send it along to the community center.

Thanks again,

Lanny

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Jun 5, 2000, 06:54 PM

Still got it? I'll give you $150 U.S. or what ever that turns into in Canadian rubbles plus shipping, Sound good?
Nemo me impune lacesset

bizzare  (op)
Jun 5, 2000, 08:19 PM

sorry people. already sold it.

------------------
-Bizzare

Specs: PowerBook (Firewire), 500 mHz, 256 MB RAM, 18 GB HD, AirPort, OS 9.0.4

Forum Links
Forum Rules