Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > wacom intuos (serial) A4 oversize

wacom intuos (serial) A4 oversize
Quadroclops
Jul 5, 2002, 07:20 PM

I bought this with a pen & 4d mouse -& I wish I'd bought a usb model... anyone interested?
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way " -Juan Ramon Jiminez

tonywong
Jul 8, 2002, 03:34 PM

You realize that wacom will upgrade your tablet for you for a price? (see their faq for details <a href="http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/faqs.cfm?platform=macosx" target="_blank">http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/faqs.cfm?platform=macosx</a> )

Alternative solutions for owners of large tablets
Most users that use serial tablets have one of the two larger tablet sizes (Intuos and Intuos2 12x12 & 12x18). For these tablets, Wacom offers the possibility to convert the tablet from the serial interface to a USB interface for $164 plus shipping. Wacom will replace the interface board and other relevant components and return the tablet with a USB connection to the owner. Please call Wacom Tech Support at 1-360-896-9833 x4 for further details on this service. This offers Intuos 12x12 & 12x18 users an inexpensive upgrade path to the full reliability and functionality of an USB tablet. Unfortunately, this option is not available for the other tablet sizes because their interface components are integrated with the rest of the tablet onto a single board.

Forum Links
Forum Rules