Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > FrontRow won't play shared iTunes Video - Error Message

FrontRow won't play shared iTunes Video - Error Message
mini.boss
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2007, 11:52 PM

UPDATE: I tried an old harddrive backup and everything works fine. Apparently iTunes 7.2 breaks FrontRow.

I desperately need help on this. I have an iTunes library on 2 PCs and a Macbook. When I use FrontRow to play movies/tv/podcast video over a shared library i get this message:

"This shared video cannot be played
The shared video server may be having problems playing this video"

Now here's where it gets confusing. Through iTunes i can play vids over a shared library just fine. FrontRow does play shared music fine. And I experimented by mapping to the iTunes folders on the PC's, created video folder aliases and FrontRow plays the videos just fine. But again, going to shared libraries in FrontRow just wont play video of any sort (some paid for, some encoded, some downloaded from podcasts).
( Last edited by mini.boss; Jun 9, 2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Update: iTunes 7.2 kills frontrow)

swantonkid
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2007, 01:06 AM

Same problem here. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

BrianEnigma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2007, 04:04 PM

A number of people (myself included) have experienced the same problem. The solution is to kill off iTunes 7.2 and reinstall the older 7.1.1. More details and specific instructions are at this Apple support discussion thread: Apple - Support - Discussions - Not Playing Shared Videos after iTunes ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules