Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > 10.4.11 and classic printing

10.4.11 and classic printing
raygol
Forum Regular
Nov 27, 2009, 06:21 PM

Hello,

I have a colleague who has an iMac G5 and run under classic a note writing software called NoteWriter.

His problem is that when he prints a file of some pages, the outcome doesn't contain page numbers even though the document on the computer has page numbers.

When this person is trying to print the document, sent to the same Apple laser printer, an old one, but from an old computer running OS 8.5, there is no problems with the outcomes.

He has another colleague who runs the same software on classic on a G4 computer, without any problems.

What could be the problem with the iMac G5 and how to fix it.

TIA

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 27, 2009, 08:03 PM

Always glad to hear from more Mac users in Israel.

It sounds like an incompatibility between OS 9.2 in Classic and the software in question. It seems that virtually no one uses Classic anymore; it really is a dead end. The page for the software mentions that it works on 9.2 in Classic. It's too bad that the developer doesn't appear to have any plans to bring it to OS X.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

reader50
Administrator
Nov 27, 2009, 09:39 PM

If the page number is at the very bottom of the page, then the bottom line may be getting clipped. Try adjusting your bottom margin, or fiddle with the print settings. The fact that it prints from Classic on other computers indicates it is a settings problem. You just have to find the setting that will fix it (which may not be intuitive).

raygol  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2009, 05:20 AM

There exists a mac community in Israel, both in Hebrew and in Arabic, both are suffering from the ignorance and the disregard of Apple toward this community. It is sad!

To my problem: Is it possible that the Tiger, or the classic do not have, together or separately, the appropriate printer driver to A3 Apple Laser printers. I wonder which way the setting of the printer should goes.

TIA

Cold Warrior
Nov 28, 2009, 12:32 PM

I suggest trying reader50's suggestion -- modify your margin or paper size settings.

raygol  (op)
Forum Regular
Nov 28, 2009, 05:22 PM

Thanks for all your support and assistance. I am going to solve now the problem

Forum Links
Forum Rules