Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Html-templates for Mac e-mail applications?

Html-templates for Mac e-mail applications?
Bobbbbbb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 04:17 AM

Hello,

On the Windows platform it’s very easy to create HTML templates for your e-mails.

On the Mac flatform it’s impossible?

Could somebody explain me how I can make html templates for Outlook, Netscape or……

I wonder why I recieve from Apple news letters that are made in html? Do the make it with a PC?

Thanks for responding.

Bob

digdog
Forum Regular
Dec 12, 2001, 08:21 AM

Originally posted by Bobbbbbb:
Could somebody explain me how I can make html templates for Outlook, Netscape or��
[/QB]
It's easy.

Open Netscape HTML editor, do anything you want, then select all (I mean whole html page), copy, and paste into Netscape Messager's new message.

Done.

Keda
Senior User
Dec 12, 2001, 09:10 AM

Is there a way to make this template (ie stationary) permanent?

My company is moving over to OutLook for email (no OSX version) and they want all machines to have this standard template. I cant find a way to accomplish this on a Mac.

boma
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by Keda:
<STRONG>Is there a way to make this template (ie stationary) permanent?

My company is moving over to OutLook for email (no OSX version) and they want all machines to have this standard template. I cant find a way to accomplish this on a Mac.</STRONG>
Maby Outlook for Mac is an option? Though only avalable for Classic. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/product...p?navindex=s13
I've never encounterd a bug in an iron-bar.

Azrael@Paris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 10:44 AM

Another way could be to use :

- your favorite tool for create an HTML Page (e.g. Netscape, Dream, GoLive, etc... ), then save it to a template that you'll can re-edit when you want.

- to send your HTML page, use this application : MaxBulk, after a Copy - Paste from the HTML code.
Note that you can make easy your template with MaxBulk,indexing your contact list, but you need to edit the HTML page in the code source... Also, you'll need to post the images an appropriate server, using the tag &lt;BASE HREF="http://www.yourserver.com/yourdirectory"&gt;, with www.yourserver.com/yourdirectory who is the link when you stock online the images embedded in your HTML code...
Mac OS X : The power of UNIX with the simplicity and elegance of the
Macintosh. Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication...

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Dec 12, 2001, 10:57 AM

All this complexity is because M$ has decided to not put a full HTML mail feature in OE or enterage (sp?) for what reason? God only knows (you can look at the sorce code in OE but not change it. why?) and Apple's Mail.app is far to simple to do complex html mail templates.

velocitychannel
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 12, 2001, 12:48 PM

Someone wrote an AppleScript that you can download from AppleScript Central (do a search for "complex html") that allows you to compose complex html email messages in Entourage X (and 2001, I believe)

I've been using it for a few weeks now and it works really well

Forum Links
Forum Rules