Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Safari won't open up

Safari won't open up
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2011, 08:18 PM

I have a Mac with OS X Snow Leopard and haven't yet upgraded to Lion but as a recent Apple System Update it said it had an update to Safari. It installed Safari as part of that update process but now Safari won't open at all. When I click on it it bounces in the dock like it's opening and even I go up to the Apple menu and select Force Quit it is listed as being open but yet Safari itself never appears to fully open. For example there is no actual window/web browser.
I even went to Apple's website to redownload Safari and made sure I selected the Snow Leopard version and did a reinstall but it still won't open.
Any idea of how I can fix it? I use Firefox a lot but still like to use Safari since it syncs with my iPhone bookmarks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules