Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Problem with draining battery on iPhone 4S

Problem with draining battery on iPhone 4S
markw10
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 16, 2012, 06:58 PM

I have had my iPhone 4S since they were released last year. For no reason about 3 days ago the battery quickly starting draining fast. One morning I took it off and when I looked at the phone 4-5 hours later without using it once the battery was down to around 28%. I thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened yesterday and now the same thing today. Without even using it within hours the battery is almost dead.
I first did what I've learned is some type of reset by holding the home button down while turning the phone off and then turning it back on. I also have opened the task manager and closed all apps in the task manager. That is what I did last night but got the same results today.
I keep thinking there is some app that's running and draining memory or something to do with notifications. I have many apps on my phone and many are set up to give notifications but I have not changed much at all on my iPhone in the last 3 days. The only thing I can think of is maybe installing 2-3 new apps and one or so that had notifications. Why would it start doing this?

Is there any way that I can somehow find what app(s) or notification(s) are draining my battery or is it something else?
Is it possible that something is simply going wrong with the battery?

I've been fortunate to not have to deal with Apple support much at all. Is it something I can call them on the phone for support or is it best to simply visit a genius bar? The nearest Apple store is not that close to me so I was hoping this is something I'll find a solution to on these forums. As much as I'd love a nice new iPhone 5 this is still in warranty and I hope to have it fixed.

Thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules