Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Musings

Musings
centerchanneΙ68
Baninated
Apr 8, 2007, 04:15 AM

Hello all,
For those of you who are new to NN, forgive me. This is for the long-termers, those who knew me as Ca$h. I've had some major life changes recently and I'd like to share them with you. I finally have some balance in my life and I owe it all to the new antimanic medications I'm taking. See, for years I have been taking a popular medication for bipolar disorders called Tegretol. Yes, I am bipolar. It's been hard for me to admit, but after changing medications I've realized that you all probably knew that by now anyways. So after years of medications...then no medications...then self-medicating, I've finally achieved peace with a different medication. So for all of you that have been at the receiving end of the results of my disorder, I apologize.

No matter how many times I would step over the line and be banned, I knew i HAD to come back. I needed to be here. I didn't know then why I did it, I was just compelled. For years this went on. I would pour my heart and soul out into thread topics, only to see them dashed on the rocks of bitter replies and flame-baiting. Why did something so inconsequential as a forum about Macs become the object of my obsession? I took it all personally. Every last reply and ban. When I would go to Applebees with my wife, all I would talk about was the lounge. When I was at church, all I could think about was my subscribed threads. When I would go to WalMart to shop for sporting goods, all I could think about was the forum. "Damn forum!" I'd yell, driving home in my H2. It was very taxing.

But recently I realized that the reason was because MacNN is a pillar of my being. Railroader, can you cut out your left eye? Doofy, can turn away from your family? This forum is just as much a part of my core being as an eye, or a close family. So I've realized that however many people hate me, however many times I get banned, however many threads I monopolize, one thing will be constant. I will never leave. I can never move on. This is my home. My life. My being.

Yours forever,
Rob

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 8, 2007, 04:32 AM

Did somebody accidentally unban centerchanneI68?
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

iMOTOR
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2007, 04:35 AM

I call shenanigans.

hickey
Mac Elite
Apr 8, 2007, 04:39 AM

beautiful.

centerchanneΙ68  (op)
Baninated
Apr 8, 2007, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Did somebody accidentally unban centerchanneI68?
Please, don't crap on my musings. It's part of my therapy and it's not very therapeutic to have to deal with all the negativity. Also, I have a big day of tuning up the SVX tomorrow and need to get to bed.

Good night,
Rob

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 8, 2007, 07:28 AM

Yep, it's the impostor. Thread closed, impostor double-secret banninated with extreme prejudice and hot sauce.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 8, 2007, 07:40 AM

Thread unclosed.
ice

Aron Peterson
Senior User
Apr 8, 2007, 07:49 AM

At least he doesn't believe alien spaceships are crashing on our planet. That makes him sane in my book.
Web dev, Poe, faux-naïf, keyboard warrior, often found imitating online contrarians . My stuff : DELL XPS, iPhone 6

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 8, 2007, 08:20 AM

I teared-up.

Now piss off!!11!
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

ghporter
Administrator
Apr 8, 2007, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
Thread unclosed.
Yeah, I forgot to close it. It seems that the original impostor is not at work here, and I spent a long time working on figuring out how this happened. NOW I'll close it.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules