Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Could This Week's Episode of The Sopranos Save Lives?

Could This Week's Episode of The Sopranos Save Lives?
Big Mac
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2007, 03:49 AM

After watching this week's episode of The Sopranos, I have resolved to engage a seatbelt every time I'm in the car. Previously, I would fail to put on a seatbelt every once in a while, especially for short trips. But that episode has convinced me. It has definitely had a greater impact on me than any PSA could have. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have come away thinking this. Could that episode be responsible for saving lives?

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

starman
Clinically Insane
May 15, 2007, 08:35 AM

How about not driving while coked up and looking at the road and not at the radio?

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 15, 2007, 08:41 AM

No offense, Big Mac, the thread title is very mardenesque.

Originally Posted by starman View Post
How about not driving while coked up and looking at the road and not at the radio?
Is life even worth living then?

RAILhead
Addicted to MacNN
May 15, 2007, 09:55 AM

IF you want a good reason to wear a seat belt, watch the first couple of episodes of DRIVE. They had a freaking AWESOME car roll filmed head-on.
"Everything's so clear to me now: I'm the keeper of the cheese and you're the lemon merchant. Get it? And he knows it.
That's why he's gonna kill us. So we got to beat it. Yeah. Before he let's loose the marmosets on us."
my bandmy web sitemy guitar effectsmy photosfacebookbrightpoint

Atheist
Mac Elite
May 15, 2007, 10:18 AM

You would be appalled at what I see here in the Trinidad. I would guess about 5% of the people wear seat belts. It's perfectly normal to see people driving with small children standing on the seats.. or even holding a baby in their lap while they drive. Nobody thinks it's strange. They drive twice the speed limit, pass on the shoulder, run right through red lights, drive on the wrong side of the road to avoid traffic congestion... and the police don't to crap about it. I feel I'm putting my life on the line every time I get behind the wheel (which is on the wrong side of the car ). Since I've been here (less than 2 years) 1 close friend (fiance of sister-in-law) and 2 acquaintances have been killed in car accidents that weren't their fault. I can't imagine ever getting in a car without a seat belt...ever! It's such a habit I put it on just to back out the driveway.

Big Mac  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 17, 2007, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Dakarʒ View Post
No offense, Big Mac, the thread title is very mardenesque.
Interesting, but that wasn't my intention. I tried to title it cryptically enough not to give away the plot of the episode.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

hickey
Mac Elite
May 17, 2007, 02:47 AM

im sure for most folks, such as myself, its just a force of habit to either put it on or not.

Dakarʒ
Professional Poster
May 17, 2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
Interesting, but that wasn't my intention. I tried to title it cryptically enough not to give away the plot of the episode.
Trust me, I appreciate that.

Kevin
Baninated
May 17, 2007, 10:11 AM

Omg Spoilers! Omg!

Forum Links
Forum Rules