Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > JBL Creature II, newegg pricing

JBL Creature II, newegg pricing
klb5090
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2007, 06:33 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm awaiting the arrival of my new Macbook Pro to replace the old ibook g4 and im looking for some speakers, i think i've decided on the JBL Creature II. My only question is everywhere from amazon to bestbuy sells them for 99$ while on newegg.com they are 59$. So anyone have experience ordering these from newegg.com? legit? Just a plain old good deal?. Thanks

Krusty
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2007, 08:00 PM

Have to tell you, I'm not sure why Newegg is so much cheaper, but I will personally vouch for them. They are BY FAR my preferred web vendor over Buy.com, Amazon.com or anyone else. I will even buy from them if they are a couple bucks more (and often they are). Look around the web on some of those pricing sites (pricegrabber etc.) and read the vendor reviews for them ... Newegg flat out rocks: Always prompt, never a problem.

rjt1000
Senior User
Jul 24, 2007, 11:43 PM

Newegg is great, I have used them many times and prices are good and there have been no hassles.

That said, Costco has them for $49.99 (after instant $15 coupon). Shipping is $5. I prefer using Costco for this kind of purchase because they accept returns for 3 months if you're not fully satisfied. (i.e. they dont need to be defective to be returned). So you can try them out and not be stuck if you arent completely happy with them.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2007, 11:51 PM

Wow thanks guys. My only question is do i need to have some sort of costco special account like Sams Club? or can i just click and order?

rjt1000
Senior User
Jul 25, 2007, 09:06 AM

Yes, Costco works like Sams club. There is a yearly membership fee (about $50). I have found it to be money well spent, but it depends on how often you would use them. If there is a brick and mortar store in your area, drop by and check it out.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 25, 2007, 10:36 PM

Update:
I ordered online at costco.com since i'm not a member (and don't think i'll be using them enough to warrant 50$ in membership) i was charged a 5% charge for non member purchase (2.50$...so what) So after tax, delivery, and the charge i'm only right over 60$, awesome deal. Thanks everyone for the help! now i can just hope my macbook pro ships sometime...ever.

rjt1000
Senior User
Jul 26, 2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by klb5090 View Post
I ordered online at costco.com since i'm not a member (and don't think i'll be using them enough to warrant 50$ in membership) i was charged a 5% charge for non member purchase (2.50$...so what)
I didnt know Costco.com did that. That's awesome.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2007, 09:26 AM

speakers shipped today so should be here monday occording to ups. thanks a million everyone. Glad i didn't run off and pay 100$ before checking the forum.

klb5090  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 2, 2007, 11:41 PM

I wanted to thank everyone for the help.

now the proud owner of a MPB with the JBL creature II. I wanted to put in my highest recommendation for these speakers and costco.com. Service was good, price was better. Thanks again

tintin220
Aug 5, 2007, 09:50 PM

I'm thinking of getting the same, though did all of you miss the $38 pricing at amazon?
♥ PowerBook G4 1.67 15" / Silver 2G iPod Nano

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 6, 2007, 08:38 AM

$29.97 for white Creacture IIs at Costco.com currently.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Aug 7, 2007, 02:23 AM

doh!
ice

Forum Links
Forum Rules