Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iSync caught in bizzare loop

iSync caught in bizzare loop
DoctorW
Forum Regular
Aug 7, 2003, 12:21 PM

I have iSync installed on my iBook and use it to keep several user accounts synced. Today, on one of the accounts, it keeps getting stuck in a loop.

When I click the .mac icon, the window expands to the following message (grammatical error included for completeness): "This computer was registered with the .Mac but .Mac does not appear to recognize it anymore. It was likely unregistered from another computer. To continue to synchronize with .Mac, please register this computer again."

So when I click OK, it goes to the window with all the options, then back to that first screen after about two seconds. If I click Sync Now, it unexpectedly quits.

The odd thing is that this particular account is not listed under All Registered Computers, and iSync works fine with all my other accounts.

Here's what I've done so far, all no no avail:
- Trashed preferences
- Reset all devices
- Completely removed iSync and reinstalled
- Tried to unregister the account from a functioning account (it's not even listed.)

Any suggestions?

DoctorW  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2003, 11:20 AM

Take a bump.

Little help, anyone?

milhouse
Senior User
Aug 11, 2003, 01:36 PM

Have you tried to unregister all computers, then reset iSync and start all over again?

I had a problem a few weeks ago and simply resetting isync (all devices) cured my ills.

Not sure what you might try exactly (other than what you've done).

You might also try to delete the receipt for isync, if it has one, and then delete all caches from the "offending computer", reboot and try again.

HTH
"-Dodge This"

DoctorW  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 11, 2003, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by milhouse:
You might also try to delete the receipt for isync, if it has one, and then delete all caches from the "offending computer", reboot and try again.
I just now logged in as root, and trashed every file on the machine with iSync in its name, and re-installed. It did the trick. It may have been the receipt you mentioned that was the culprit.

Forum Links
Forum Rules