Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Minor bug in Mail

Minor bug in Mail
Taipan
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 7, 2004, 06:53 PM

Hi!

I've just come across a little cosmetic bug in Mail, and I wonder if it's restricted to the German localization (which has happened before), so maybe one of you could try to reproduce this (no danger involved):

Open the Preferences in Mail, tab Accounts/Advanced (I guess this is the English term, in German it's Accounts/Erweitert). Now increase the size of the Preferences-window by dragging the corner to the right and watch the lower part of the window where you enter the port number. On my system, the text field extends to the right and moves under the "Use SSL" button.
Does this happen on your systems, too?
Thanks!

Edit: This is in 10.3.2.
( Last edited by Taipan; Jan 8, 2004 at 12:56 AM. )

DoctorW
Forum Regular
Jan 7, 2004, 11:31 PM

I'm running the English version of 10.3.2, and I don't get that bug.

rytc
Senior User
Jan 8, 2004, 06:12 AM

Hi, I
changed the language to German on my system, reopened Mail and the bug occured, changed back to English and the appearance is normal i.e. the bug doesn't occur. Tried the same thing in Finnish and all was as it should be. It would seem this is a bug restricted to German (and perhaps some of the other localisations).

Cheers Ry

PS The multiingual nature of OS X means you don't actually need to ask us questions such as these

Taipan  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 14, 2004, 09:14 AM

Originally posted by rytc:

PS The multiingual nature of OS X means you don't actually need to ask us questions such as these
You're right, sorry. And thanks for testing.

platan0
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2004, 02:26 PM

the only bug in mail is that when you attach images they aren't place in an attached list, instead it shows u the image in the body. anyone know how to change this?

sucks big time when your trying to attach an .eps file, always have to zip it up

Forum Links
Forum Rules