Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > pismo linux

pismo linux
jimaltieri
Jul 26, 2000, 11:59 AM

is anyone here running linux on a pismo? i'm particularly interested if the sound i/o works normally under linux.
thanks friends.
-jim

stardoc
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2000, 01:04 PM

I have been planning to install linux on my PB500, but haven't yet gotten to do so. Is the install as painful as many of the stories about installs on UMA macs (and PB G3's) indicate? What about getting X up?

MSchienle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2000, 02:39 PM

I ordered and received the LinuxPPC disks last week and plan to do an install in the next couple days. There are additional instructions for a Pismo install at
http://www.linuxppc.com/support/upda...install_update

If the URL doesn't show up correctly, go to www.linuxppc.com and drill down into the Hardware Compatibility menu. The install process doesn't look too bad, just a supplementary download and a couple extra steps before getting started.

------------------
Mike Schienle
Mike Schienle

Klead
Jul 28, 2000, 04:04 PM

I've been running Linux on my Pismo for about 2 months. Sound does not work yet.

Forum Links
Forum Rules