Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Ethernet and Powerport Juggler don't mix?!?

Ethernet and Powerport Juggler don't mix?!?
cwashii
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2003, 04:07 AM

Hey Fellers...

I have a PMac 7600 running OS 7.6.1 w/ a Powerport Juggler attached. It works fine, BUT...

I seem to be having a problem w/ hooking my computer up to use Appletalk thru the Ethernet connection. When I goto my "Appletalk" control panel, and choose "ethernet", the panel just hangs, and the only way to get out of it is by escaping out of it.

I figure that the problem *might* involve the fact that Appletalk is also being used by my Power Port Juggler, and the Appletalk cannot switch from it?

Can anyone out there either confirm or deny this hypothesis? And if this is in fact the problem, I would appreciate any solutions...

Confoos'd Craig W.
[email protected]
-------
Craig W.
Mac Proud (1985-) in Houston Texas
Current Toys: Performa 578 & 6115/G3, PowerMac 6100/G3, 7300/200, 7600/200, 7300/200, 7600/233, 7500/132 ... 4 Duo Docks, Three Powerbook Duo 280c's, two Turtle Doves.... AND I still use my Newton 120 daily !!)

Forum Links
Forum Rules