Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Convert PC RealAudio file to iTunes Readable?

Convert PC RealAudio file to iTunes Readable?
holderlin
May 2, 2004, 09:33 AM

I have a RealAudio file from a PC that I've migrated to Mac. The problem is that iTunes and Audacity don't recognize it as a playable file. Both programs have recognized RealAudio clips in the past. I'm thinking there must be something with the fact that this was a PC file because I had to change the default application to open the file on the Mac.

Any suggestions about how to convert this file so that it is playbable on iTunes and iPod?

Thanks,
Bob

christor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2004, 09:48 AM

Bob - You might be able to make my app Streamers work for you - it allows you to record RealAudio (and other) streams and import them into iTunes. Not sure how this file you have works. If it points to an external source, then you could start it playing and then get the stream's actual url from Clip Info (in one of RealOne's menus).

Alternately, and maybe more easily, you can use Ambrosia's WireTap to record the audio - and then drag the resulting audio into iTunes. From there you can convert it, if you wish, into an aac or mp3.

Hope this helps.
C

holderlin  (op)
May 2, 2004, 09:28 PM

Thanks,

I should have thought of that. I used audio hijack to record the file. I will also give your software a try.

Bob

Forum Links
Forum Rules