Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Canon 5000F Scanner problems

Canon 5000F Scanner problems
Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
May 29, 2004, 07:55 PM

hola,

I just received a Canon 5000F and it came with the Omnipage SE software along with it (data recognition) which I really need to use, but i can't get it to install. It's an OS 9 program that runs under Classic. So when i get to install it, it goes through the whole process but at the end gives me this error message:

"Operation could not be completed due to a System error (-61)"

Anyone know how to remedy the situation? I've searched high and low and haven't been able to fix it....

holderlin
May 31, 2004, 09:51 AM

I don't have any good news to report because I too could not get OmniPage to install. I have also periodically looked on Canon's web-site for an update but have never found it. I don't use OmniPage so I didn't make much of an effort to solve the problem. I would contact Canon (or ScanSoft).

Bob

Blue Flame  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 31, 2004, 02:44 PM

yeah, i just can't figure it out. i've contacted Canon, but i'll send ScanSoft a message. I really could use this software (and seeing I paid for it in the package I think it should work, yes no?)

Cheers

Forum Links
Forum Rules