Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Is .Mac worth it?

Is .Mac worth it?
FoRCE ANGEL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2005, 07:48 PM

Iam wondering if .Mac is worth buying for a brand new 15in 1.5 powerbook?

ManOfSteal
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2005, 07:54 PM

I think so for sure; however, download the trial and give it a shot yourself...if at the end of the trial you really like it, then buy...if not, then don't.

jfobart
Forum Regular
Jun 6, 2005, 08:18 PM

I'm almost done with my trial and I like it. I've mainly only used the iCal sync so far, but it's been great... the only problem was when I tried to buy .Mac late last month (on the last day of it being on sale for $69), and I couldn't get it to show up in my shopping cart for less than $99!

I'll buy it when my demo runs out soon....
A couple MacPro's, a MacBook Pro, a PC, and an iPod.

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 6, 2005, 10:08 PM

This thread has been done a million times. Do a search.

:dragonflypro:
Senior User
Jun 7, 2005, 01:27 AM

once a week.

60/40 yea/nea.

IBL.

T

Angelo78
Forum Regular
Jun 7, 2005, 02:30 PM

This is pretty much an echo of what others have said in the past, but I feel is true.....If all the features sounds like they'd be useful to you, and you'll use them all, then I think it's a nice thing to have. If you plan on using Homepage most of the time and the other stuff only on occasion or maybe never, then it's overpriced. It's all in how you'll use it. Luckily for you there's a nice trial period to test it out. I'd say give it a try and see what you think for yourself. That's the best way.

When I switched to Mac's last year I went for it. A little over a year has past and I let my subscription run out because it just wasn't for me. It is well integrated and works well most of the time. Good luck with your choice!

Angelo

Forum Links
Forum Rules