Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Anyone received their MacBook Pro from a third-party reseller?

Anyone received their MacBook Pro from a third-party reseller?
TheBum
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2006, 03:24 PM

I decided to create this thread for those of us who chose to order a MacBook Pro through a third-party reseller. Has anyone received one from from such a reseller yet?

I'm new to the game, having just ordered a 2.0 GHz model from Amazon.com on February 24. I'd be particularly interested to hear from those who ordered from Amazon shortly after Amazon started listing it, but I'd also be interested in hearing from those who ordered through a local reseller or another online reseller.

skemple
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2006, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheBum
I decided to create this thread for those of us who chose to order a MacBook Pro through a third-party reseller. Has anyone received one from from such a reseller yet?

I'm new to the game, having just ordered a 2.0 GHz model from Amazon.com on February 24. I'd be particularly interested to hear from those who ordered from Amazon shortly after Amazon started listing it, but I'd also be interested in hearing from those who ordered through a local reseller or another online reseller.
I bought a stock 1.8 from an ebay seller $1699.88 after the rebate. I received an update over the weekend that said:

"Our orders from Apple are based in the same "waves" or lots that they were
listed on EBAY. If you are part of lot one (item=5859660908) then your order will ship about 5-7 BUSINESS days prior to lot two. We are all at the mercy of Apple; but should start seeing shipments within the next 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS."

I purchased mine in the second lot on Feb. 4th so if I go by those estimates probably be another two weeks. I'm hoping sooner, but I guess that is the price I pay for wanting a discount.

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 27, 2006, 06:11 PM

That pretty much backs up what I've been hearing about third parties finally getting their first shipments this week. Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

ryanbrown345
Feb 27, 2006, 07:22 PM

Yes I have called a few 3rd party resellers and they are getting them in. Redmond washington recieved 2 1.8, a local mac store in oregon had 5 2.0 ghz. hope this helps.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006, 09:26 PM

I ordered from Amazon on 2/20...est ship is April 21.
MacBook Pro 15" -- 2.2Ghz, 4GB, 200GB 7200rpm
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2006, 06:53 PM

Someone in the Apple Discussion forums reported receipt of a MacBook Pro from Amazon today, so it sounds like the MBPs have started making their way into the reseller channel.

d4rkm4c
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2006, 10:47 PM

Yeah, I saw where they guy ordered on the 25th from amazon and got his! Anyways, looks like compusa.com will be shipping tomorrow..1.83's that is.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 28, 2006, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by d4rkm4c
Yeah, I saw where they guy ordered on the 25th from amazon and got his! Anyways, looks like compusa.com will be shipping tomorrow..1.83's that is.
I'm inclined not to believe that guy. I've not seen any other individual -- anywhere -- who has claimed to get one from Amazon yet. The idea that they sent his three-day-old order out before anyone else's just doesn't strike me as plausible.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 28, 2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by John123
I'm inclined not to believe that guy. I've not seen any other individual -- anywhere -- who has claimed to get one from Amazon yet. The idea that they sent his three-day-old order out before anyone else's just doesn't strike me as plausible.
My question would be: The 25th of which month? If it was the 25th of January, I could believe it.

IMNiles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2006, 11:41 PM

I ordered the 1.83/2ghz model from Amazon on the 19th of January, and my shipment date hasn't budged from "january 19th to March 20th" - I emailed them for an update and they assured me that it hadn't been released yet and that "copies would be made available," which is no doubt a bot-response. So if someone ordered later and actually got theirs, that would be very interesting information.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 1, 2006, 12:42 AM

My question would be: The 25th of which month? If it was the 25th of January, I could believe it.
He said it was 2/25...
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2006, 05:55 PM

While we're waiting for more reports (and to bump the topic up the list), I was curious to see which Amazon.com rebate my MBP would qualify for when it ships, so I started filling out the form but stopped short of submitting it. I found out a very interesting thing.

The rebate dates did not match any of the advertised rebates on Amazon.com's web site. I was expecting to qualify for the rebate whose purchase term ended 2/28/06 and whose submission deadline is 3/28/06. What I found was that the rebate terms included purchases made between 2/8/06 and 3/28/06 with a submission deadline of 3/28/07. If that 2007 date is not a typo, I will feel a lot better about the fact that my MBP might arrive after 3/28/06.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 03:30 AM

Anyone else who ordered from Amazon.com have their order now showing up as "Shipping Soon"?
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 09:19 AM

Can I assume from your question that yours is showing that status? If so, I'd say Amazon has it and is getting it ready for shipping. That's typically what "Shipping soon" means.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 01:44 PM

Can I assume from your question that yours is showing that status? If so, I'd say Amazon has it and is getting it ready for shipping. That's typically what "Shipping soon" means.
Yes and yes. I'm just hoping it's not a glitch or a mistake. My digital camera has been "Shipping Soon" for a couple days now. I just let my Amazon Prime membership slide, so maybe they are just screwing with me.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 02:52 PM

Confirmed: it shipped. Wow, I love Amazon!!! Faster delivery to me than Apple -- just 10 days! Maybe it's because I was an Amazon Prime member, and this purchase was done when I still was in AP? I'm thinking about renewing my membership based on this experience alone...
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

amanmann
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 03:29 PM

I tried placing an order on amazon yesterday and it showed a shipping estimate of May 1. The Customer Service too confirmed that it couldn't ship before that. I just wonder would it worthwhile waiting that long for that rebate..

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 03:55 PM

That's great, John123! Which one did you order, the 2.0 or the 1.83? If it was the 2.0, I'm hopeful that mine will ship early too (I only ordered 4 days after you did), although my Amazon Prime membership is just a trial at the moment. Maybe they'll ship it early anyway to convince me to actually pay for the membership.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by amanmann
I tried placing an order on amazon yesterday and it showed a shipping estimate of May 1. The Customer Service too confirmed that it couldn't ship before that. I just wonder would it worthwhile waiting that long for that rebate..
The people at Amazon don't know when it will arrive. Go try to order it today -- it'll show May 2 now. They always add 1 to the ship date with every day that passes. I think it's part of the "be safe rather than sorry" approach. My order was scheduled to arrive in April, but I knew (from past Amazon experience) that that wasn't accurate. If you have patience and like to save money, I'd go ahead and do it.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 03:58 PM

That's great, John123! Which one did you order, the 2.0 or the 1.83? If it was the 2.0, I'm encouraged that mine will ship early too (I only ordered 4 days after you did), although my Amazon Prime membership is just a trial at the moment. Maybe they'll ship it early anyway to convince me to actually pay for the membership.
I got the 1.83 for myself -- but the impression I've got is that supply is tightest for those. So I'd hold hope!
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

IMNiles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 07:33 PM

My 2.0, ordered Jan 19 from Amazon, shipped today UPS. Despite being Amazon prime, it shipped ground. So it's good news/bad news.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by IMNiles
My 2.0, ordered Jan 19 from Amazon, shipped today UPS. Despite being Amazon prime, it shipped ground. So it's good news/bad news.
Very strange -- mine also apparently shipped ground. Fortunately, ground is only 4 hours away from me, so I have an estimated delivery of tomorrow. Sounds like they botched the Amazon Prime orders, though. Also sounds like they got their first shipment just now, since I ordered a month after you and I'm getting mine at the same time as you're getting yours.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2006, 09:07 PM

I must have missed the batch cut-off then. Mine is still stuck at "Open". Hopefully I'll be in the next batch and the next batch will arrive soon.

ibucky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2006, 11:26 PM

The people at Amazon don't know when it will arrive. Go try to order it today -- it'll show May 2 now. They always add 1 to the ship date with every day that passes. I think it's part of the "be safe rather than sorry" approach. My order was scheduled to arrive in April, but I knew (from past Amazon experience) that that wasn't accurate. If you have patience and like to save money, I'd go ahead and do it.
Just ordered a MBP 2.0 from Amazon this evening. I was excited to see the ship date of March 5th, thinking maybe they had them in stock...., then I looked a little closer. March 5th, 2007.

Maybe they are encouraging people to cancel their orders? March 5th, 2007 is a bit ridiculous....

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2006, 12:44 AM

Well, you have to admit that they have a pretty good chance of beating that date.

I just hope they're getting a steady stream of them instead of just a bunch of them once a week or so. I'm already losing enough productivity at work checking status. :-)

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2006, 12:45 AM

All signs point toward inventory returning to something close to normal. I would bet that anyone who ordered in February will have their MBP at least in route within the next 2 weeks, assuming they ordered from Apple or a major distributor.
iPod Nano 2G -- 8GB

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Mar 3, 2006, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by ibucky
Just ordered a MBP 2.0 from Amazon this evening. I was excited to see the ship date of March 5th, thinking maybe they had them in stock...., then I looked a little closer. March 5th, 2007.

Maybe they are encouraging people to cancel their orders? March 5th, 2007 is a bit ridiculous....
That is ridiculous. You're joking right?

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2006, 12:58 AM

It's funny that Amazon *still* has the MBPs listed as "Not yet released." even though all signs point to the fact that they have already shipped some units. I suspect it'll stay that way until Amazon clears their backorders.

I'm still hoping for that magical "Shipping Soon" status tomorrow; it would be a nice birthday present.

ibucky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by jamil5454
That is ridiculous. You're joking right?
I wish I were kidding.... here is a cut and paste from the e-mail I received.

Shipping estimate for these items: March 5, 2007
Delivery estimate: March 7, 2007
1 "Apple MacBook Pro MA464LL/A 15.4" Notebook PC (2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM, 100 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)"

no1biscuit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by skemple
I bought a stock 1.8 from an ebay seller $1699.88 after the rebate. I received an update over the weekend that said:

"Our orders from Apple are based in the same "waves" or lots that they were
listed on EBAY. If you are part of lot one (item=5859660908) then your order will ship about 5-7 BUSINESS days prior to lot two. We are all at the mercy of Apple; but should start seeing shipments within the next 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS."

I purchased mine in the second lot on Feb. 4th so if I go by those estimates probably be another two weeks. I'm hoping sooner, but I guess that is the price I pay for wanting a discount.

I got the same email. I am in lot two. I am hoping before christmas.

pawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 01:00 PM

Well, you have to admit that they have a pretty good chance of beating that date.

I just hope they're getting a steady stream of them instead of just a bunch of them once a week or so. I'm already losing enough productivity at work checking status. :-)
Well, John123 and IMNiles have gotten theirs through Amazon. I have a favor to ask of them, but first my story: I ordered through Amazon back on January 19th (the [now] 2.0). The ship date has not changed much--still late March. I am an Amazon Prime member (btw, this Prime program is new, so most of us are still in our [free] trial periods, i.e. none of us have been members long enough to actually renew for a second year). When I intially ordered my MBP I was not yet a Prime member, but have changed the order from "free" to "second day" (the latter being free with the Prime account). I'd read on the MacRumors forum that this makes a difference in who seems to have received theirs from Amazon so far vs who's still waiting. So in my case, there's been no change in the est ship date, Prime or no Prime.

I too have called Amazon reps--all were very nice, all clear about Amazon not having received any, nor having shipped any so far--the same line that everyone else has been getting when calling them about the orders. It is oddly haphazard that Amazon would have shipped out a few here and there, but I've no more doubt that it's true.

Sooo, I would ask a favor of one or both of you, John and Niles, to please give Amazon a call (800-201-7575) on our behalf and ask when they are shipping them out. When they tell you they have not begun shipping any, just say you're calling on behalf of several friends, and that you have received yours (you can give them your order number [I was going to ask if you'd share it with us, but this way you can keep all info private]) and to please check a little higher up the management chain to get a more honest answer. I REALLY wouldn't mind hearing that, for example, they happened to get in a small number of the MBPs and shipped them out to, I dunno, those customers with ten letters in their last name...whatever. What's really bugging me is not understanding why some are getting them and others (like me) are getting nothing.

Thanks in advance, John and Niles.

Paul
( Last edited by pawl; Mar 3, 2006 at 01:07 PM. )

slariz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 02:43 PM

Ordered the 1.83 on 2/26 from Amazon.com with a ship date of 4/28. Called them this morning and they seem to think it will ship the week of 3/20 after the "product is released to amazon," which I guess is when they are getting a large order in.

Hope that is actually the case cause I was ready to order through MacConnection or someone else where I can get a rebate and no tax.

mosespatrader
Forum Regular
Mar 3, 2006, 04:58 PM

Its nuts. All the local Apple stores and CompUsa's have a waiting list. I got my name put on the waiting list at a CompUsa. However they are making me get AppleCare (I was going to get it anyways).

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2006, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by pawl
Well, John123 and IMNiles have gotten theirs through Amazon. I have a favor to ask of them, but first my story: I ordered through Amazon back on January 19th (the [now] 2.0). The ship date has not changed much--still late March. I am an Amazon Prime member (btw, this Prime program is new, so most of us are still in our [free] trial periods, i.e. none of us have been members long enough to actually renew for a second year). When I intially ordered my MBP I was not yet a Prime member, but have changed the order from "free" to "second day" (the latter being free with the Prime account). I'd read on the MacRumors forum that this makes a difference in who seems to have received theirs from Amazon so far vs who's still waiting. So in my case, there's been no change in the est ship date, Prime or no Prime.

I too have called Amazon reps--all were very nice, all clear about Amazon not having received any, nor having shipped any so far--the same line that everyone else has been getting when calling them about the orders. It is oddly haphazard that Amazon would have shipped out a few here and there, but I've no more doubt that it's true.

Sooo, I would ask a favor of one or both of you, John and Niles, to please give Amazon a call (800-201-7575) on our behalf and ask when they are shipping them out. When they tell you they have not begun shipping any, just say you're calling on behalf of several friends, and that you have received yours (you can give them your order number [I was going to ask if you'd share it with us, but this way you can keep all info private]) and to please check a little higher up the management chain to get a more honest answer. I REALLY wouldn't mind hearing that, for example, they happened to get in a small number of the MBPs and shipped them out to, I dunno, those customers with ten letters in their last name...whatever. What's really bugging me is not understanding why some are getting them and others (like me) are getting nothing.

Thanks in advance, John and Niles.

Paul
I'm happy to try to be helpful, but let me ask you something first. Have you mentioned specifically that you've read posts from users who have had theirs shipped from Amazon -- and thus lightly suggest that the person with whom you are speaking is incorrect? The thing is, they're only authorized to give out info about your order, and not other orders. So really, the proper way to get correct info is to ask about an order that has NOT shipped, and to reference reading about orders that HAVE shipped...not the other way around. Does that make sense?

On an unrelated note, can you paste the link to the Macrumors discussion you referenced? I can't seem to find it there but would be very interested in reading.

Thanks...

pawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2006, 09:37 PM

Here's the link to the Macrumors thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=182268

John, I did mention the fact, both over the phone and via email, that others had recently received theirs through Amazon and other vendors. They simply repeat the mantra "it's not been released," you will be getting yours as soon as Amazon receives them," and then act...well, I don't want to say "dumb" but at least unknowing. Same with the email reply, assuring me that as soon as they are "released" that Amazon will ship my computer to me.
( Last edited by pawl; Mar 3, 2006 at 09:45 PM. )

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 3, 2006, 10:53 PM

Here's the link to the Macrumors thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=182268

John, I did mention the fact, both over the phone and via email, that others had recently received theirs through Amazon and other vendors. They simply repeat the mantra "it's not been released," you will be getting yours as soon as Amazon receives them," and then act...well, I don't want to say "dumb" but at least unknowing. Same with the email reply, assuring me that as soon as they are "released" that Amazon will ship my computer to me.
Interesting...

It sounds, frankly, like the low level CSRs just don't know what's going on. Hate to pepper you with questions -- but have you asked to talk to a supervisor? One fellow at Macrumors said he pointed the CSR directly to the Macrumors thread. That also might be helpful.

It sounds like Amazon just doesn't have their info-act together on this. I personally could live with that, even if I'd been one of the unlucky ones. (Which technically I am -- I won't get my baby til Monday because of weather, and that is an issue because they put it on a truck instead of a plane to get me guaranteed 2-day service.) The $150 rebate plus the other perks you can get with Amazon make it worthwhile to me.

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2006, 11:18 PM

Well called all 5 Apple stores in Chicago area, about 5 CompUSAs, none around, then called Fry Electronics and I'm typing on a new MBP They got 3, 2 sold had the one left, all they got was the 2.0Duo. All I can say is this thing is 'Frickin' Sweet!' in the words of Peter (Family Guy).

BTW no whine, it's warm but no hotter then my old TiBook and super fast!

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2006, 12:46 AM

Just a thought, Pawl: What part number is shown for your order?

The reason I ask is because I noticed that Amazon has four MacBook Pro listings. Two are the current part numbers and the other two are apparently the part numbers before the speed bump. I'm wondering if you ended up with the older part number and your order was never corrected. It's a long shot, but I hate to see you getting shafted like this.

ibucky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 02:38 AM

Interesting...

It sounds, frankly, like the low level CSRs just don't know what's going on. Hate to pepper you with questions -- but have you asked to talk to a supervisor? One fellow at Macrumors said he pointed the CSR directly to the Macrumors thread. That also might be helpful.

It sounds like Amazon just doesn't have their info-act together on this. I personally could live with that, even if I'd been one of the unlucky ones. (Which technically I am -- I won't get my baby til Monday because of weather, and that is an issue because they put it on a truck instead of a plane to get me guaranteed 2-day service.) The $150 rebate plus the other perks you can get with Amazon make it worthwhile to me.
John, it sounds like you know something about the Amazon order process..... I think that an order date of 3/2/2006 and a ship date of 3/5/2007 is completely unacceptable. Someone would need to do a great convincing job to make me change my mind. The idea of a rebate within a couple of months of the order and a ship date of a year later is not good business practice if you want to keep loyal customers. Amazon has been good to me in the past, but I'm not a member of the special shipping club or whatever it's called. Maybe that makes a difference. At any rate, I plan on canceling the order.

ibucky
( Last edited by ibucky; Mar 4, 2006 at 02:50 AM. )

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006, 03:26 AM

John, it sounds like you know something about the Amazon order process..... I think that an order date of 3/2/2006 and a ship date of 3/5/2007 is completely unacceptable. Someone would need to do a great convincing job to make me change my mind. The idea of a rebate within a couple of months of the order and a ship date of a year later is not good business practice if you want to keep loyal customers. Amazon has been good to me in the past, but I'm not a member of the special shipping club or whatever it's called. Maybe that makes a difference. At any rate, I plan on canceling the order.

ibucky
I really wouldn't. Well, I suppose I shouldn't tell you what to do or not to do -- I'm not in your shoes, and I don't know your own preferences for waiting versus saving money. But I really do think you'll get your laptop by the end of this month at the latest. Yes, you can go to an Apple Store and pick one up if you're tenacious about it -- but you lose the rebate, owe sales tax, etc. I've grown accustomed to seeing ridiculous ship dates for unreleased or recently released products at Amazon, and so when my order on 2/20 showed a ship date of April, I didn't blink an eye. It's just the way they do things. Retarded? Maybe. But if you understand and accept the system, and can find the stomach for some patience (tough with a cool upgrade like this one!), it'll pay off.

Mike savu
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 05:34 AM

I ordered a Macbook Pro 1.83 mhz machine from CompUsa online this past Sunday and recieved it on Wednesday. They said online that they were going to ship on 3-1-06 and I thought that was a made up date but I figured I would order one anyways and probably cancel it later. Sure enough CompUSA shipped it on 3-1-06

ibucky
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 06:23 AM

I really wouldn't. Well, I suppose I shouldn't tell you what to do or not to do -- I'm not in your shoes, and I don't know your own preferences for waiting versus saving money. But I really do think you'll get your laptop by the end of this month at the latest. Yes, you can go to an Apple Store and pick one up if you're tenacious about it -- but you lose the rebate, owe sales tax, etc. I've grown accustomed to seeing ridiculous ship dates for unreleased or recently released products at Amazon, and so when my order on 2/20 showed a ship date of April, I didn't blink an eye. It's just the way they do things. Retarded? Maybe. But if you understand and accept the system, and can find the stomach for some patience (tough with a cool upgrade like this one!), it'll pay off.
A very good part of anything I post here is based on impatience. John123, I'll take your word.., and hearing that Mike Savu got one from CompUsa.., I need to chill.

I appreciate the posts on this topic of 3rd party MBPs. Please keep it going. I'll let everyone know when I get one.

Thx folks.

ibucky

pawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 07:43 AM

Just a thought, Pawl: What part number is shown for your order?

The reason I ask is because I noticed that Amazon has four MacBook Pro listings. Two are the current part numbers and the other two are apparently the part numbers before the speed bump. I'm wondering if you ended up with the older part number and your order was never corrected. It's a long shot, but I hate to see you getting shafted like this.
MA464LL/A

Appreciate your interest.

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2006, 11:33 AM

Oh and by the way Outpost.com was showing a same day ship on the 1.83, not sure if it's accurate though.

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2006, 12:28 PM

MA464LL/A

Appreciate your interest.
Another thought: Are you in the US or overseas? If you're overseas, the international orders may take longer. If not, I'd be tempted to cancel and resubmit; it sure sounds like they have something screwed up with your order.

pawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 01:08 PM

Another thought: Are you in the US or overseas? If you're overseas, the international orders may take longer. If not, I'd be tempted to cancel and resubmit; it sure sounds like they have something screwed up with your order.
I'd be willin to give you my order number if/when you'd call them. I've given up trying myself. Yes, I'm here in the US, about 25 miles from their New Castle, DE distribution center. BTW, I see you're in McKinney, TX. I've got a friend named Covington there...maybe you know him.

Cheers, Paul

hemant
Forum Regular
Mar 4, 2006, 01:09 PM

The compusa down here has two 1.83's in stock but I want to use my educational discount so cannot get them.

TheBum  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 4, 2006, 02:11 PM

I'd be willin to give you my order number if/when you'd call them. I've given up trying myself. Yes, I'm here in the US, about 25 miles from their New Castle, DE distribution center. BTW, I see you're in McKinney, TX. I've got a friend named Covington there...maybe you know him.

Cheers, Paul
Nope, don't know him. McKinney has ballooned from around 32,000 people when I moved here in 1992 to more than 100,000 now, so it's a big place.

My order is only 8 days old, so I'm not yet ready to start hounding them about it, especially since my ship-by date isn't until April 25. However, if I start hearing of people that ordered after me getting theirs, I'll start hounding.

pawl
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 4, 2006, 02:24 PM

My order is only 8 days old, so I'm not yet ready to start hounding them about it, especially since my ship-by date isn't until April 25. However, if I start hearing of people that ordered after me getting theirs, I'll start hounding.
Oops, I thought you were one of the two who'd gotten theirs. Now I remember, it's John123 and IMNiles.

John123
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 4, 2006, 02:54 PM

A very good part of anything I post here is based on impatience. John123, I'll take your word.., and hearing that Mike Savu got one from CompUsa.., I need to chill.

I appreciate the posts on this topic of 3rd party MBPs. Please keep it going. I'll let everyone know when I get one.

Thx folks.

ibucky
I know we're all impatient. It comes with the turf. I know my baby is sitting at a depot just 30 miles away. It's all I can do to keep myself from driving up there and breaking in!

Forum Links
Forum Rules