Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Html-templates for Mac e-mail applications?

Html-templates for Mac e-mail applications?
Bobbbbbb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 04:16 AM

Hello,

On the Windows platform it’s very easy to create HTML templates for your e-mails.

On the Mac flatform it’s impossible?

Could somebody explain me how I can make html templates for Outlook, Netscape or……

I wonder why I recieve from Apple news letters that are made in html? Do the make it with a PC?

Thanks for responding.

Bob

cameca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 05:56 AM

Bob, With Netscape Communicator you can start by making an HTML file and assigning it to Netscape as your signature file.
Copy the HTML below to a SimpleText file and Save it as "Signature1.html". Then open your mail and Save it as a draft or a template.
Then you can add more HTML by using the menus. Make certain your mail preferences are set to Send as HTML.
Note: I think there is a limit to the number of characters you can use in a signature file. I just can't remember what it is.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1"face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial">code:</font><HR><pre><font size=1 face=courier>&lt;html&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;font size=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>4</font>"</font> color=<font color = red>"#<font color = blue>004400</font>"</font> face=<font color = red>"verdana"</font>&gt;&lt;b&gt;Bob&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/font&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;img src=<font color = red>"http:<font color = brown>//www.peekingfrog.clara.net/ffrg2zp.gif"</font> width=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>275</font>"</font> height=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>100</font>"</font> align=<font color = red>"bottom"</font> border=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>0</font>"</font>&gt;</font>
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;embed src=<font color = red>"http:<font color = brown>//www.slonet.org/~rloomis/deanwrmr.wav"</font> width=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>10</font>"</font> height=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>10</font>"</font> align=<font color = red>"bottom"</font> autostart=<font color = red>"true"</font> volume=<font color = red>"<font color = blue>80</font>"</font> loop=<font color = red>"false"</font> hidden=<font color = red>"true"</font>&gt;</font>
&lt;/html&gt;</font>[/code]
Also, this thread might help. HTML in email. how?

<font color = blue>cam</font>

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: cameca ]

Bobbbbbb  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 07:50 AM

Thanks very much!

Bob

Forum Links
Forum Rules