Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Slingbox Tuner Remote Viewing Installation Problem

Slingbox Tuner Remote Viewing Installation Problem
frankthetank966
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2007, 07:08 PM

I just purchased a Slingbox Tuner. I have it set up to my cable modem. I split then line and hooked it up the the router. Everything is working smoothly except it wont allow me to set up remote viewing. I keep getting to the screen and it says "Check this box to watch your Slingbox outside your home network." So I do since I want to able to and then I get to the next screen which is "Router Configuration." I choose "Fully-Automatic" and continue and arrive at a screen that says "Your Slingbox assistant could not automatically change the port setting on your network router. Some possible reasons for this are:" Your network router either has UPnP or NAT-PMP features disabled, Your router does not support UPnP or NAT-PMP features disabled, your router can't be set automatically. I have a Belkin N1 Wireless Router. What do I do?
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

frankthetank966  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 23, 2007, 07:22 PM

Anyone know? I am paused in installation.
 16 GB 2nd Generation Black iPod Touch w/Contour Showcase
 White Core 2 Duo Macbook with: 2.0 GHz/1 GB Ram/80 GB Hard Drive

-Q-
Jul 24, 2007, 01:08 PM

You might try in the networking forum. My theory is that the Slingbox wants to communicate to your router and open up a hole in its firewall to allow you to remotely view content, but for some reason cannot do so with your router (it might be too new and the Slingbox software doesn't know how to 'talk' to it, but that's a guess).

You also might try asking your question here: Sling Community - The Official Community for the Slingbox, placeshifting, and the expanding Sling Mediaverse.

Forum Links
Forum Rules