Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Adobe Acrobat not able to Print

Adobe Acrobat not able to Print
Green Leaf
Forum Regular
Jul 30, 2004, 06:46 PM

I have adobe acrobat installed on my machine and i'm not able to print documents are are open. I get a wierd error message, so i'm forced to use Apple's Preview.

Does anyone else experience this?
Does anyone know a work-around?

darrick
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2004, 08:08 AM

i find that repairing permissions often fixes acrobat wonkiness. and trashing preferences is a good thing to try. as is running diskwarrior.

recently, i also have had to remove a new javascript but i cannot leave it in because it conflicts with the 'Crop Tool;' have you just added a plugin or something that might have changed how acrobat works?

you can try this forum adobe acrobat mac user forum

the forum describes two big fixes for acrobat wonkiness: switching the chinese languages and nixing a word plugin -- which i mention to give you something to start a forum search.

if you post there, give your os (9 or x) and your acrobat version (5.05 or 6) and the complete error message.

hope this helps.

darrick
Forum Regular
Jul 31, 2004, 08:10 AM

ps: you do mean 'adobe acrobat' (the full version) and not 'adobe reader' (the free app), right?

Forum Links
Forum Rules