Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help: Address book and iCal data loss, dock crashing, weird behavior...

Help: Address book and iCal data loss, dock crashing, weird behavior...
UNTeMac
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 04:35 AM

I'm not sure how it happened but I was browsing around tonight when my Dock started crashing fairly frequently. Then, I noticed that my iCal Events widget wasn't showing any calendar data. Upon opening iCal...all calendars..gone. Checked for them using Spotlight and they're deleted, not moved, but deleted. Also, my Address Book data has reverted back to something like 2002. I'm missing over 2/3 of my contacts.

Lastly and maybe most worrisome, for a little while there, I was getting a periodic Finder error saying it couldn't find the server I was trying to connect to but I never asked it to connect to any server. This error always occurred twice in a row separated by long pauses between pairs of warnings.

After restarting, Adium is now missing all installed skins and preferences. Anybody know what's going on?
( Last edited by UNTeMac; Jan 18, 2006 at 04:58 AM. Reason: more informative thread title)
"This show is filmed before a live studio audience as soon as someone removes that dead guy!" - Stephen Colbert

gradient
Mac Elite
Jan 18, 2006, 08:42 PM

Weird, this sounds similar to what happened to me today.....no dock crash or finder error on my system though. http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?t=282342

Forum Links
Forum Rules