Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Attachments

Attachments
railheadrat
Mar 11, 1999, 03:27 PM

It is the exe. attachments that can't be opened. I was going to test my machine for y2k and it wouldn't let me open the file.

[This message has been edited by railheadrat (edited 04-20-99).]

gregm
Mar 30, 1999, 01:02 AM

I have same problem with Outlook Express 4.01 OS 8.5.1. When I click attachment in email I get a box that says there's no helper application to open attachment. OS8.5.1 doesn't come with MacLink Plus like the previous mac operating systems. The commercial version cost $100. Forget it, the attachment aren't worth $100. If somebody emails me with a PC they just have to put everything in the email

------------------
Greg

railheadrat
Apr 2, 1999, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm glad to see that someone else has this propblem. I can open the jpeg's, but that's all.

------------------

sfvteacher
Apr 7, 1999, 01:09 AM

Chances are, since JPG is a universal format, that the file is encapsulated somehow. There are several encapsulation (or rather unencapsulation or decoding) utilities available, including STUFFIT, DECODER, etc.

If you have problem finding these let me know.

Good luck,

Carlos

Forum Links
Forum Rules