Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > URLServices - Resumable downloads?

URLServices - Resumable downloads?
Millennium
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2001, 06:36 PM

I've been looking through the CoreFoundation docs for the answer to this, but I haven't run across anything yet.

I know it's possibble to perform HTTP and FTP downloads with URL Services. Is it possible, though, to do resumable downloads? Or am I stuck writing my own HTTP stuff to do that? (this is for a project I was intending to GPL, so the Omni frameworks are Right Out, unfortunately).
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 4, 2001, 01:51 PM

I'm sure you can use non-GPL'd libraries in order to produce GPL'd projects -- otherwise you wouldn't be able to use CoreFoundation or Cocoa or, in fact, anything in OS X (since it would have to link against libSystem, which is distributed under the APSL).

And also take a look at SmallSockets.

Millennium  (op)
Clinically Insane
Sep 5, 2001, 01:31 PM

You can link to non-GPL'd libraries if those libraries come as a part of the OS. Otherwise, you can make Section 10 Exceptions for the program, but everyone contributing has to make that same exception, and that can be a rather huge pain.

I'll look at SmallSockets, though.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Forum Links
Forum Rules