Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > SMC Won't Connect To Internet?

SMC Won't Connect To Internet?
Anilan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2004, 08:04 PM

I have a Barricade SMC7004ABR router and I just upgraded the firmware version from 1.40.xxx to 1.42.012 and the router will not connect to the internet anymore.
All settings have remained the same and was working well before the update. On the status screen it says the router is connected to the internet and has an IP/DNS/etc. but any request for a webpage times out on all computers connected to the router. Direct connection from a computer to the modem (ADSL) works, but not with the router.
I have tried resetting to factory defaults, rebooting both router and ADSL modem, and different configurations on the router but had no success. I would have tried downgrading the firmware but it appears that may not be possible.

This all stopped working right after the update, after the router finished rebooting.
Has anyone else had something like this happen?

I have already tried the SMC support pages and I have read the manual as well, but I didn't have any success.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

aaanorton
Mac Elite
May 8, 2004, 10:32 AM

UNPLUG the power to both the modem and the router. Wait a minute. Plug the MODEM back in and wait for it to get an IP (watch the lights, wait for them to look normal). Then plug the router's power back in.

Anilan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2004, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I have it fixed now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules