Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > DVD2one for OS X is now out.

DVD2one for OS X is now out. (Page 2)
Mithras
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2003, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by gthyb:
it worked! you don't need toast, everyone!
Can you spell out the steps you did exactly?

HiDDeN
Apr 25, 2003, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by Eug:
DVD2OneX 1.0.1 now out at Version Tracker.
Did you try cycling thru the subtitles? Works for me.
I tried that, There are no subtitles what so ever when I play the movie.

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 25, 2003, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by HiDDeN:
I tried that, There are no subtitles what so ever when I play the movie.
You're sure you selected the subtitles? Or was it a full-disk copy? It could just be an issue with that particular disk. Subtitles in general definitely work.

gthyb
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 25, 2003, 05:00 PM

Sure, here's what I did.

1. I used DVDBackup to make a backup of the VIDEO_TS folder in the original DVD. Make sure have remove encoding checked, and that it is set for region free. i think all that is set by default.

2. Open DVD2oneX and select the VIDEO_TS folder that DVDBackup just created. Either pick "movie only" and choose the longest track, as well as the english language track on the right side. or choose "disk copy" to keep all the menus and extras.

3. hit start. i checked "create VIDEO_TS folder" when i choose where to save it.

4. Open MissingMediaBurner. Select "DVD-R/RW or Combo" from the pull-down menu. Click the "Video" button. Under "choose function for video" choose "Make iso for DVD".

5. I made a folder and named it whatever i wanted the dvd to be named. use all caps, and no spaces. i'm not sure if this matters, because my dvd ended up being called "my dvd", i think. anyway, in that folder i put my VIDEO_TS folder that DVD2oneX created. I also created an empty folder and named it AUDIO_TS. i read that dvd players look for that folder, even though they don't use it for the movie. Drag your folder containing your video_ts and audio_ts folders into the box in the missingmediaburner window.

6. hit start. that will open the console and create an .img file.

7. open apple's disk copy. choose burn image. select your new image. if you have a dvd in, it should work.

good luck!

i'm still getting it down. i've only done one movie, so far.

HiDDeN
Apr 26, 2003, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by Icruise:
You're sure you selected the subtitles? Or was it a full-disk copy? It could just be an issue with that particular disk. Subtitles in general definitely work.
It seems to be this particular disk. I tried an other one and it worked.
Thx for your help

phunkboy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2003, 06:48 PM

thanks for all the previous posts. i now successfully use dvd backup and dvd2oneX. the problem is, i've used diskcopy to burn and they seem to play only when i use dvd player on my emac. but the disks are unreadable in my new panasonic dvd player and i'm using apple dvd-r's. the dvd player is sold as dvd-r/dvd-ram compatible. i'm wondering if toast burns another way that is more easily readable by players, or if it's a problem with my media, or if i need to return the dvd player and get one that is better at reading the burned dvds. any help is appreciated...

joey
who would have thought it? that's
where i am...

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
May 8, 2003, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by phunkboy:
thanks for all the previous posts. i now successfully use dvd backup and dvd2oneX. the problem is, i've used diskcopy to burn and they seem to play only when i use dvd player on my emac. but the disks are unreadable in my new panasonic dvd player and i'm using apple dvd-r's. the dvd player is sold as dvd-r/dvd-ram compatible. i'm wondering if toast burns another way that is more easily readable by players, or if it's a problem with my media, or if i need to return the dvd player and get one that is better at reading the burned dvds. any help is appreciated...

joey
Does DiskCopy burn the right kind of DVD format? I dunno.

Toast burns standard UDF 1 discs for DVD. These work fine in my Panasonic RP91 DVD-RAM/-R player and my Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD-RAM/-R recorder. I'm using Apple media too.

BTW, as an aside, if you have a DVD-RAM capable reader for your Mac, you can now play your DVD-RAM discs (burned from a standalone DVD-RAM recorder) directly in QuickTime with this plug-in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules