Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook Ship Dates

PowerBook Ship Dates (Page 2)
awdboxer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2005, 02:07 PM

Mine arrived in Anchorage, AK yesterday at 1:03pm and it still says it will be arriving on the 3rd in FL. Sounds hard to believe but we'll see.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 3, 2005, 10:15 PM

Mine was in Anchorage at 1:03 PM too! They are on the same plane!!

Didn't come today, though

Chris

fartguru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2005, 10:45 PM

Me three, I guess.

1.03 pm, Alaska.

My pb is freezing as I type this.

New switcher btw and I never checked my shipping on my ex dell notebook this religiously!

Such87
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 3, 2005, 11:52 PM

Is it sad that I'm continually converting to Shanghai time to estimate whether it's during working hours there? It's ~12pm there now, so i expect things are in business. What time of day did they update to "shipped" status on the apple website?

So far the bag, Kingston 1GB module, and blank dvd+rw's are here. They're getting lonely and impatient. Or is that me getting impatient? (hits refresh)

fortepianissimo
Senior User
Feb 4, 2005, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by fartguru:

1.03 pm, Alaska.
You think all these new PBs will have an orientation in Alaska?

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 4, 2005, 12:56 AM

Alaska is the point of entry for many products shipped from China.

Although the UPS web site still shows the Powerbook in Alaska, I tracked the package on my cell phone and it says it's in Louisville KY, which is a big UPS hub. That makes me think it will fly to Denver overnight for delivery tomorrow.

Chris

jamiep
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 01:10 AM

Has anybody had a 17 incher ship yet?

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 01:30 AM

The FedEx tracking number that I received last night doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone had this "problem"? I'm not worried at all, just anxious. =)

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 02:00 AM

Originally posted by gizzard:
The FedEx tracking number that I received last night doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone had this "problem"? I'm not worried at all, just anxious. =)
Me too No idea where my baby is!
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 04:13 AM

It looks like all the shipped systems so far have a superdrive. Has anyone's combo drive powerbook shipped yet?

jaknudsen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 05:02 AM

Apple transferred the payment back to my bank account... This is common in case of delayed shipment, at least here in Norway...

Please no!

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 06:32 AM

I told you... all available laptops are going to the states, those in Europe have to suffer!!!
(ordered an hour after the update and the order is still open)

Fiete5401
Feb 4, 2005, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by frankd:
I told you... all available laptops are going to the states, those in Europe have to suffer!!!
(ordered an hour after the update and the order is still open)
Not right dude!
My 17"-PowerBook shipped today!
My real life started at the age of 15: LC III - PowerMac 6100/66 - PowerMac B&W 350 - PowerMac G4 Cube 500 - PowerBook 12" 867 -- PowerBook 17"/1.67 GHz/2 GB RAM.

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 06:42 AM

When did you order it??

pearle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by jamiep:
Yep, mine shipped yesterday morning.

WUNHjazz
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by WUNHjazz:
just checked the progress of my new 12" and the UPS page shows a rescheduled delivery date of 2/3 . that's a nice surprise considering the original estimate of 2/7 or 2/8.
well 2/3 has come and gone, no powerbook yet. UPS says it is still in AK and the page no longer shows a rescheduled delivery date at all. In other news, FedEx managed to deliver my iPod to the wrong house yesterday without a signature. Good thing I have honest neighbors.
12" . 1.5 GHz . 100 GB . 512 MB . SD
20 GB 4G iPod

LameLefty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by gyc:
It looks like all the shipped systems so far have a superdrive. Has anyone's combo drive powerbook shipped yet?
I got the shipping notice early this morning (2:37 a.m. Central time) and I've got a pretty much stock 15" 1.5 GHz with a combo drive upgraded to 1 gig of RAM (2 x 512 meg DIMMs). I ordered at about 9:30 a.m. Central time Monday morning, for what it's worth. Fedex shows it left Shanghai at 5:57 p.m. today (Shanghai time, I guess ) with a scheduled delivery on the 9th. My new Brenthaven FusionFlex messenger bag is scheduled for arrival that day, too.

solaris
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by gyc:
I ordered from the UK Apple Store (I live in London). I ordered a combo 12" + 100GB HDD on 31/01/2005 at 08:34 PM GMT. Shipped 03:27 02/02/2005 GMT

JCT
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 09:55 AM

well 2/3 has come and gone, no powerbook yet. UPS says it is still in AK and the page no longer shows a rescheduled delivery date at all.
Well, yours and mine are sitting in the same shipment! Argh.

JT
Quad 2.5 Ghz G5 7GB RAM + 7800GT
15" MBP 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB 7200 RPM HDD
G4 DA 1.2 Ghz 1.5 GB RAM + 4 HDD (fileserver)
G4 Cube 800MHz , Radeon 7000, 1.5 GB RAM
<not bad for a relatively new switcher...>

awdboxer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by chabig:
Alaska is the point of entry for many products shipped from China.

Although the UPS web site still shows the Powerbook in Alaska, I tracked the package on my cell phone and it says it's in Louisville KY, which is a big UPS hub. That makes me think it will fly to Denver overnight for delivery tomorrow.

Chris
How did you track it on your cell phone? Mine's still in Alaska and the website hasn't been updated in two days...guess it got tagged in customs And there's no more estimated delivery date

ichibod
Feb 4, 2005, 09:59 AM

I'm glad I don't have my tracking number, it'd drive me insanne, but I assume my 15, 1.67 BTO will be here sometime next week after shipping yesterday morning.

fartguru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 10:39 AM

Hope chabig doesn't mind if I post his reply to my IM about how to track it on the UPS Mobile site.

chabig wrote on 02-04-2005 08:14 AM:
From you web enabled cell phone, go to http://mobile.ups.com
Sign in as an anonymous user, then choose tracking. The rest is easy. By the way, I just discovered you can use this link from a computer too. So try it out.
Mine was apparently in KY as of 2/2. *puzzled*

I called UPS this morning and they told me it was still in alaska. Guess they use the same web interface we do?

*EDIT*

I just called UPS (again) and the update on the mobile site apparently shows the destination before the package arrives?! Meaning it's still en route to KY, the lady on the line told me the plane should arrive by the end of today (2/4).

Anyway from a scheduled delivery of 2/3 I was told that it's now 2/7 (Mon). No playing around with the PB over the weekend like I planned I guess.

Time to do some actual work now!
( Last edited by fartguru; Feb 4, 2005 at 10:56 AM. )

JCT
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 10:43 AM

How did you track it on your cell phone?
If you have a WAP-enabled phone go to your browser and plug in: http://mobile.ups.com and follow the directions.

It's a very useful service if you're running around and need to keep track of deliveries.

Mine thinks it is in KY as well... we'll see.

JT

celebyte
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 10:45 AM

Apple first rescheduled my shipment date from 2/3 to 2/15 due to unexpected demand, then shipped it with expedited service after 2 hours! Glad I was sleeping when the first email came

awdboxer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 11:03 AM

Ah, just checked on the mobile site and it says Louisville also...was hoping i'd get it today so i'd have something to do at work. Oh well, i need to get some studying done this weekend anyways and now at least i'll have something to do on Monday

pumpkinapo
Feb 4, 2005, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by jamiep:
Nope :-( Waiting for mine to ship too. I received everything in my order except the PowerBook and iWork.
Peter Leing
17" 1.67GHz PowerBook
450MHz G4 Cube

celebyte
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 11:33 AM

Hopefully the Chinese New Year won't affect the shipping time... Please don't let my PB stuck in ShangHai for too long...

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 12:50 PM

My FedEx information finally works. It's scheduled to be delivered by next Wednesday. Hopefully all my PB accessories arrive by then. =)

Fiete5401
Feb 4, 2005, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by frankd:
When did you order it??
Order Date
31/01/2005
02:06 PM GMT
My real life started at the age of 15: LC III - PowerMac 6100/66 - PowerMac B&W 350 - PowerMac G4 Cube 500 - PowerBook 12" 867 -- PowerBook 17"/1.67 GHz/2 GB RAM.

Magicite  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 01:29 PM

My FedEx information finally works. It's scheduled to be delivered by next Wednesday. Hopefully all my PB accessories arrive by then. =)
Ditto. I bet ours are on the same shipment. Unfortunately, it looks as though FedEx didn't pick up our package today.
Goats and Monkeys!
magicite.org

Such87
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2005, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by Magicite:
Ditto. I bet ours are on the same shipment. Unfortunately, it looks as though FedEx didn't pick up our package today.
Same here. Expected delivery next Wed, but missed the last FedEx pickup. Few more hours until they (likely) start the day.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Feb 4, 2005, 02:30 PM

Looks like my 15" 1.67 is on the way to Alaska - expected ETA is 2/9!

How annoying to wait! At least it gives me time to order memory and pull the data off of my old PB.

johnt519
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 02:49 PM

Just ordered a 15", 100gb drive, 128mb video, education order.

Estimated ship date 2/18/05 !

And when I placed the order, all I had for a shipping option was the free shipping - no way to change it that I saw!

I might see it this month.

(an aside - I went to a nearby Apple store to get it, where when I called TWICE they said they had the configuration I wanted. Got there and .. .nope, "we don't have that one" Grrrr. Waste of an hour and a half...)

ichibod
Feb 4, 2005, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by johnt519:
Estimated ship date 2/18/05 !

I might see it this month.
Yeah I noticed the 1.67 15" is 7-10 days now. interesting...

johnt519
Forum Regular
Feb 4, 2005, 03:21 PM

I don't know if that means it will ship in 7 to 10 days or it'll take 7 to 10 days to ship once it does ship - whenever that is. Either way, I might as well add on another 7 to 10 days from 2/18. So beginning of march, worse case.

gyc
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 04:43 PM

My 15" 1.67GHz/Combo also shipped with est. time of delivery for 2/9.

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 03:40 PM

my pb shipped on the second, ups gave it an estimated ship date of the 4th. it didnt make the ship date obviously, and they didnt reschedule it, they just took it off the site. wtf/????

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 03:45 PM

i checked the mobile ups website and it said it was in lousville, why the eff would it be there? im in orange county!!!!

ar1550
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 04:06 PM

I ordered mine by through the ADC student discount on Thu 2/3, and today the wire transfer payment went through. It will ship by 2/10, but here's hoping Mr. Jobs get it out sooner than that BTO 17" w/80GB drive BTW.

groovn72
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 05:59 PM

My 12" should be here Monday AM. It says it's back-lit on the order sheet. I wonder if it really is...

Barry

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 5, 2005, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by kjd88:
i checked the mobile ups website and it said it was in lousville, why the eff would it be there? im in orange county!!!!
Louisville is UPS' big sorting hub in the same way that Memphis is Fedex's.

Chris

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 5, 2005, 11:42 PM

i highly doubt that its in lousville, the mobile ups site must have mixed up alaska with kentucky. it would be stupidity to have items shipped across the country, and then back.

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 12:40 AM

uhh what the ****. now i go to the ups site (linked directly from my order status page on the apple store website) and it said that it couldnt find my shipment. wtf?!?

beverson
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 6, 2005, 12:53 AM

I ordered a 12" w/ 100GB HDD today, along with a 20" Cinema Display, iWork, and a few other accessories. I assume the actual computer will be the last to arrive. They were quoting a ship time of 3-5 business days, but mine's an education discount (K12 educator), so they probably have to verify that, which won't happen till Monday at the earliest. Ugh, two weeks! Torturous, especially if the Cinema Display gets here by Friday or so. Ah well.

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 01:28 AM

now my status on ups has changed to "billing information recieved"

gizzard
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 6, 2005, 03:40 AM

I finished accessorizing this weekend, which makes my wait for the PB that much harder. I bought a RadTech screen protector ($20), Griffin iCurve ($20!), 1 GB of Apple memory ($170!), and a Crumpler Wack-o-Phone messenger bag ($70!). Can't wait till this Wednesday...

JCT
Forum Regular
Feb 6, 2005, 09:34 AM

Holy cow, kjd88, what is going on with your Powerbook?

The reason that you were seeing Louisvillle, KY is that apparently the ups mobile site shows you the "next" destination for your package.

I am in a similar situation as my 12" PB has been sitting in Alaska since noon on the 3rd. UPS is pretty notorious for not updating their site reliably over non-working (weekend) days.

If there is not any movement by Monday AM I will start to get a bit annoyed....

JT

LameLefty
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by JCT:
Holy cow, kjd88, what is going on with your Powerbook?

The reason that you were seeing Louisvillle, KY is that apparently the ups mobile site shows you the "next" destination for your package.

I am in a similar situation as my 12" PB has been sitting in Alaska since noon on the 3rd. UPS is pretty notorious for not updating their site reliably over non-working (weekend) days.

If there is not any movement by Monday AM I will start to get a bit annoyed....

JT
FedEx ain't so great about it, either. Under Status on their site, they show "Package Status" at 11:30 p.m. on both 2/4 and 2/5, and under "Comments" it says (both days) "Package in FedEx location" in Shanghai! Since Shanghai is about 14 hours ahead of my time zone, that means my PowerBook is going on 48 hours sitting in the FedEx warehouse in China! But if it gets to me by Wednesday as promised I guess I can't be too upset; shipping was free after all. My new copy of Office 2004 will be here tomorrow, the new Brenthaven bag will be here Wednesday, too.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 6, 2005, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by kjd88:
i highly doubt that its in lousville, the mobile ups site must have mixed up alaska with kentucky. it would be stupidity to have items shipped across the country, and then back.
Not really. That's how the shipping companies work. They move packages to a big sorting facility, sort them, then distribute them. In all likelihood the Powerbooks are in Louisville.

kjd88
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 6, 2005, 03:01 PM

alright the status moved back to in transit. im relieved. if my pb isn't here by tuesday (the 5th shipping day), ill be pissed.

im so impatient.

Forum Links
Forum Rules