Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > best HD swap shop in DC metro area?

best HD swap shop in DC metro area?
tomasboudr
Aug 26, 2005, 10:33 AM

I bought a replacement HD online after mine died. I have a data backup so I don't need any fancy restore work just a swap of the drive. I went to the Apple store in Tysons corner and a guy told me they wouldn't swap it unless it was a genuine apple replacement. The drive bought online is identical spec wise (4500rpm and same size 60gig) but a different brand, which is just reason enough for the apple store to refuse to do the swap.

Thus I'm asking if anyone recomend a good cheap HD swap shop for a rev A 12" powerbook in the DC metro area.
Old Skool ~ 3rd Gen iPod
New Skool ~ White MacBook 2Ghz

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 26, 2005, 11:13 AM

Well, I used to work at Bethesda Computers (http://www.bethesdacomputers.com/) and I know they're good folks, so here's a plug for them.

tooki

romeosc
Mac Elite
Aug 26, 2005, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by tomasboudr
I bought a replacement HD online after mine died. I have a data backup so I don't need any fancy restore work just a swap of the drive. I went to the Apple store in Tysons corner and a guy told me they wouldn't swap it unless it was a genuine apple replacement. The drive bought online is identical spec wise (4500rpm and same size 60gig) but a different brand, which is just reason enough for the apple store to refuse to do the swap.

Thus I'm asking if anyone recomend a good cheap HD swap shop for a rev A 12" powerbook in the DC metro area.

Try your local Mac User Group .... at ours in Memphis, we have an hour before the meeting for "Green Apples" and users needing help. Many experts volunteer their time!
Worth a years dues for one use

tomasboudr  (op)
Aug 31, 2005, 11:38 PM

thanks guys I'll hit up the shop in MD tomorrow hopefully
Old Skool ~ 3rd Gen iPod
New Skool ~ White MacBook 2Ghz

Forum Links
Forum Rules