Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > The New Power Mac Picture Thread

The New Power Mac Picture Thread (Page 20)
xtremelyyellow
Oct 20, 2007, 09:00 AM

I got 2 new desks so.... enjoy

I don't like the keyboard drawers so I made shelves out of them

Mac Pro Quad 3.0GHz Intel, 2GB, 250HD, ATI Radeon X1900 XT
30" Apple Cinema HD Display.
12" Powerbook 1 GHz
Titanium Powerbook

darkfusion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 20, 2007, 11:02 AM

Love the second desk with the dual screen monitors sitting on it. Where did you get it from ? Ikea

xtremelyyellow
Oct 21, 2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by darkfusion View Post
Love the second desk with the dual screen monitors sitting on it. Where did you get it from ? Ikea
Office depot... only $99 too
12" Powerbook 1 GHz
Titanium Powerbook

darkfusion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 21, 2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by xtremelyyellow View Post
Not bad bad price.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 23, 2007, 01:09 AM

got a new desk! (galant from ikea)

ice

musicforme
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 24, 2007, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by IceEnclosure View Post
got a new desk! (galant from ikea)
How are you liking the Galant desk? I'm looking at that very desk to move my computer to a different room.

I've looked at Ikea's web site and it is a bit confusing with the various things you can attach to it.

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by musicforme View Post
How are you liking the Galant desk? I'm looking at that very desk to move my computer to a different room.

I've looked at Ikea's web site and it is a bit confusing with the various things you can attach to it.
I'm not sure about IceEnclosure, but we LOVE our Galant. We ended up going with the 6' long version, in Beech, with the metal T-Shaped legs for my Wife (looks pretty much like the one IceEnclosure has). It is a nice big desk surface, plenty of room for storage underneath, and you can get one of those Signum cable baskets to organize all your cables. It works quite well.

IceEnclosure
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 27, 2007, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by musicforme View Post

I love it. Really large surface as you can see, lots of room underneath for my long legs, adjustable height..

I've got the cable basket underneath, sweet deal. I may relocate it to a different part of the desk, and I haven't quite figured out all my routing of things(actually just wrapped excess wires and shoved them in the basket). I also have a power strip sitting in the basket providing power for a couple of peripherals.

edit: IMO it's all about the T-legs. I don't like the A-legs, they seem less purposeful and stick out a little.
ice

darkfusion
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2007, 03:52 PM

Did a little moving around today. I think it looks better. Also picked up the new mac keyboard yesterday while at bestbuy.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 28, 2007, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by jasonsRX7 View Post
Is the old wireless keyboard still going to be available? The new one is terrible
You can find it at a lot of retailers still.

traak
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2007, 03:07 PM

Here's mine!
Got it all last week. My wife's out of the country so there was plenty of quality time spent setting up everything! I'm most happy with all it has to offer

As you can see, I went with the Logitech S530. It's pretty good - but the keys on the keyboard feel a bit flimsy!

I really like the flexible arm, the iSight sits on. Very nice!

Cheers,
Torsten
---
Mac Pro // 2.66 // 8GB // 1.75TB internal // Drobo w/ 2x 750GB // 22" LCD
Mac Mini // 1.66 // 2GB // 60GB
iBook 14" // 1.42 // 1.5GB // 60GB

bld44
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 1, 2007, 03:57 PM

Alright, got some leopard action and my MBP going now.

xtremelyyellow
Nov 2, 2007, 07:26 AM

Nice
12" Powerbook 1 GHz
Titanium Powerbook

tadd
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 12, 2007, 12:30 AM

cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 15, 2007, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by xtremelyyellow View Post
Thanks for the tip. For my needs, one of the better desks I've seen, and certainly a fair price.

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tadd View Post
Nice

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2007, 06:52 AM

my old but still working great MDD…

TyPod
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2007, 03:14 PM

angelmb, I like the new keyboard with your setup. What material is your desk made out of? I can't tell from the angle.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2007, 04:01 PM

wood… but don't ask me about what kind of particular wood it is cause I don't know it… albeit if you want to know about it I guess I can look for a reply… being honest I don't like it that much… too dark for my taste, anyway, thanks for your kind comments

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2007, 09:34 PM

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 2, 2007, 10:41 PM

Awesome setup!
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 2, 2007, 10:54 PM

sorry to say, but it isn't mine. Just thought I'd post it.

webraider
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2007, 03:12 AM

Check it out!

( Last edited by webraider; Feb 12, 2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Updated Set-Up)

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by webraider View Post
Check it out!
Lot of stuff you have there, two questions:

a.- Do your SoundSticks work flawless with the Mac Pro and Leopard?
b.- What is that big black box sitting near to the G4?

thanks.

webraider
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2007, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
Lot of stuff you have there, two questions:

a.- Do your SoundSticks work flawless with the Mac Pro and Leopard?
b.- What is that big black box sitting near to the G4?

thanks.
a. My soundSticks work great. I'm use SoundSticks II which plug into the analog Audio output port on my Mac.

b. The black box is actually three items although you can only see two. on the bottom is my Sony Cassette Deck.. Then on top is my Sony VCR. On top of that is my Plexter ConvertX which is small so you can't see it. The ConvertX uses EyeTV software and does pretty much what an EyeTV 200 did but via USB 2 instead of FireWire. All of those items are hooked up to my computer, the VCR via the ConvertX.

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 08:47 AM

is that the m-audio 88 key? i'm looking for something bigger than my 49 and does it have weighted keys?

webraider
Forum Regular
Dec 4, 2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
is that the m-audio 88 key? i'm looking for something bigger than my 49 and does it have weighted keys?
Yes it is... It has what's called "semi-weighted" but it feels better than most keyboards that have fully weighted keys IMHO. I was a piano/organ (jazz and classical) major and this is pretty good for a playing and practicing piano. I also got it for it's small Depth as it doesn't take my ENTIRE desk space leaving room for my monitor. I like the keyboard being over my typing keyboard because I also do work in Finale and it helps having the two together.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2007, 03:02 PM

a. My soundSticks work great. I'm use SoundSticks II which plug into the analog Audio output port on my Mac.
Thanks. Thing is a friend of mine is interested on getting the SoundSticks (I had the original USB model and talked him wonders about them) so as I guessed the SoundSticks II not running via USB doesn't have any issue. Nice to hear.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Dec 11, 2007, 11:42 PM

The original SoundSticks work with Leopard as well.

fluidstream
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2007, 07:19 PM

Back to my winter home for a few months, I miss the city already, but I've made some changes and added a few new things:

Pre-December:

December (With new Cintiq!):

The Cintiq:

From the Far Desk:

The Getaway:

The Workspace:

brassplayersrock²
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 13, 2007, 07:26 PM

nice fisheye

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 14, 2007, 06:17 AM

I would say the whole set-up is amazing… well, in all honest the PC tower doesn't keep up to the level, cause even the PC keyboard is good looking, is that the MS Natural Ergonomic?, not to mention the razor mouse…

How good is the Cintiq?, I had an Intuos II A4 and sold it since I wasn't able to get used to it really.

Where is the Wii if you don't mind me asking? (I see the nunchuck in that cute desk under the Apple BT keyboard)

fluidstream
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2007, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by brassplayersrock² View Post
nice fisheye
Thanks, I'm still getting used to it, but it's a lot of fun.

Originally Posted by angelmb
I would say the whole set-up is amazing… well, in all honest the PC tower doesn't keep up to the level, cause even the PC keyboard is good looking, is that the MS Natural Ergonomic?, not to mention the razor mouse…

How good is the Cintiq?, I had an Intuos II A4 and sold it since I wasn't able to get used to it really.

Where is the Wii if you don't mind me asking? (I see the nunchuck in that cute desk under the Apple BT keyboard)
Thanks a lot, I try to keep it pretty amazing-like, it's a goal lol. Well the outside might not be as pretty as the rest, but in terms of power it keeps up And yup, that is most definitely the MS Natural Ergonomic. And of course the razor, so comfy...

Oh, and the Wii, along with a PS3 & 360 plus a Sony 46" LCD are too the left of the PC, kinda my getaway from work lol

The Cintiq, especially now that I've really had time to get used to it and work with it, is absolutely amazing. It has totally changed the way I approach a project. It's made a lot of things I design on paper first but could never translate into photoshop, very very easy! The initial setup is key I find, getting a good Calibration that's suited to your posture when you use it, but once you do, you'll find it's just like drawing on a piece of paper. We just put three of them in our offices here in Vancouver, and so far all of my staff have agreed that they're great, definitely something worth checking out if you don't mind the high cost.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 15, 2007, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by fluidstream View Post
Thanks, I'm still getting used to it, but it's a lot of fun.

Thanks a lot, I try to keep it pretty amazing-like, it's a goal lol. Well the outside might not be as pretty as the rest, but in terms of power it keeps up And yup, that is most definitely the MS Natural Ergonomic. And of course the razor, so comfy...

Oh, and the Wii, along with a PS3 & 360 plus a Sony 46" LCD are too the left of the PC, kinda my getaway from work lol

The Cintiq, especially now that I've really had time to get used to it and work with it, is absolutely amazing. It has totally changed the way I approach a project. It's made a lot of things I design on paper first but could never translate into photoshop, very very easy! The initial setup is key I find, getting a good Calibration that's suited to your posture when you use it, but once you do, you'll find it's just like drawing on a piece of paper. We just put three of them in our offices here in Vancouver, and so far all of my staff have agreed that they're great, definitely something worth checking out if you don't mind the high cost.
I can see most stuff there is state of the art everything… e.g. those Klipsch are far from the definition for cheapo speakers huh??

Great to know about the Wacom being that good… for sure it is expensive, but at least it isn't frustrating or wasted money… it becomes a pain to spent over 400€ on a Intuos and then sold it at 1/2 half its cost with no use cause the Intuos misconstrue what you intend to draw there.

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Dec 24, 2007, 12:04 AM

Sijmen
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 24, 2007, 03:02 PM

Something is wrong with your world, man!
Apple Powerbook 17" 1,67 GHz, 2 gig RAM, 100 gig HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 128MB, Superdrive 8X

tiger
Forum Regular
Dec 25, 2007, 02:30 PM

Check it out!

Nice Set Up!

I got that same Samsung Monitor

packet of krisps
Jan 4, 2008, 08:34 PM

I have been visiting this thread for a few weeks now, when I get bored I scan through this, I have noticed Lateralus is the mod for it, but how come he has not posted pictures of his machine?

Nice setups guys!

[15" MacBook Pro 2.6 Ghz] [G4 733] [G4 MDD DP 1.25]

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 8, 2008, 01:58 PM

I too keep coming back to this thread to see the pictures of the gorgeous setups some of you guys have. I'm waiting until my setup is complete and I've got my new desk before posting any pictures of my MP.

Very tempted to get a 30 inch ACD after reading through this thread as well
Mac Pro Quad 2.66Ghz with 5Gb memory, 2.2Tb internal HDD, 750Gb external HDD and 30" Apple Cinema Display

outaru
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Macadvo View Post
I too keep coming back to this thread to see the pictures of the gorgeous setups some of you guys have. I'm waiting until my setup is complete and I've got my new desk before posting any pictures of my MP.

Very tempted to get a 30 inch ACD after reading through this thread as well
i would wait for macworld 2008... i'd like to see new displays, new design and perhaps better contrast ratio

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Jan 9, 2008, 12:33 PM

Oh I won't be buying anything before MW08
Mac Pro Quad 2.66Ghz with 5Gb memory, 2.2Tb internal HDD, 750Gb external HDD and 30" Apple Cinema Display

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2008, 01:57 PM

I love the Cintiq. My workplace here purchased a couple of them.

Tesselator
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2008, 06:44 AM

WOW! All these shrines to the silicon god. My favorite is the guy with the electric typewriter atop the B&W TV.

Here's my shrine about 4 months ago just before the the last one of my three 21" CRTs blew up. I've since
replaced it with dual 24" LCDs. (I think I like the CRTs better! A tiny but less sharp but MUCH smoother color
gradients - otoh, the LCDs have a wonderful contrast level!)

Here's a close-up of the cell-phone center-right in the shot above (which I watch TV on ):

I've also added a Willcom WSO11SH multi-touch screen phone that runs Windows Mobile 6.0 since.

Both cost $0.0 btw.

Missing from view are the 12 (6x2) speaker cabinets, a few keyboards, a 64 channel mixer, a printer/scanner.
and a 22" telescope (refractor) sticking out the window.
( Last edited by Tesselator; Jan 11, 2008 at 07:13 AM. )

danbt79
Jan 14, 2008, 07:44 AM

Bwa
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 19, 2008, 10:58 AM

Updated picture--new 8x2.8 GHz Mac Pro w/ three ATI 2600 video cards, 30" display. The other monitors are two 24" Gateways and two 17" Samsungs in portrait mode. 2.2 GHz MacBook Pro, and a dual-core 1.8 GHz AMD laptop.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 20, 2008, 08:47 PM

Bwa, so the Mac Pro sits behind your desk, how does it work for you?

trancepriest
Forum Regular
Jan 26, 2008, 11:00 AM

Added a 15" MBP and the HVX200's... the one on top of the G5 has the Redrock Micro 35mm attached.

Setup consist of:

Workstation One
1. 3GHz 8 core Mac Pro, Mac Pro RAID Card, AJA Kona LHe HD capture card, 4x750GB HD's in RAID 5, 9GB of RAM, ATI Radeon X1900XT, Dual optical drives, Bluetooth, Airport. Panasonic BT-LH1700W video monitor, Dual 30" Apple Cinema Displays, Logitech Z-680 optical sound, iSight camera, FCP keyboard, 1TB WD external HD.

Workstation Two
1. Quad G5, 2.5GB RAM, 250GB & 160GB HD, 2 500GB Lacie external HD's. 23" apple Cinema Display.

Laptops
1. 2.16GHz 15" MacBook Pro, 2GB RAM, 100GB HD.
2. 1.67GHz 17" Powerbook, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD.

Apple Gadgets
1. 8GB iPhone
2. 40GB 3rd Gen iPod
3. 8GB ipod Nano
4. New BT keyboard and mouse.

Video Stuff
1. 2 HVX200's
2. Redrock Micro 35mm adapter
3. 32GB P2 Card
4. FireStore FS-100
5. 2 sets of Sennheiser E-100's wireless lavalier mics and adapters for xlr mics
6. Glidecam V-20
( Last edited by trancepriest; Jan 26, 2008 at 11:43 AM. )

cutlassvillager
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2008, 01:50 PM

I love reading these forums and also looking at other people's setup so I thought I would add my own! This is my setup at my dorm.

Quicksilver 2002:
NewerTech 1.6GHz G4
Pioneer DVR-112D
160/40 GB internal drives
Radeon 9800 Pro
Airport
Westinghouse 22" monitor thru DVI.
1.25 GB RAM
Behind monitor:
Iomega 500 GB USB 2.0 (Time Machine)
My Book Premium 250 GB (iTunes)

15" MacBook Pro:
1st Gen 1.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo
80 GB
2GB RAM
Screen replaced twice ...that's what I get for buying a first gen laptop I guess haha

Pismo PowerBook
400 Mhz G3
60 GB
640MB RAM

Also a D-Link router and Samsung CLP-300N color network laser. Everyone in the suite uses my printer so it cuts down on printer costs.
There's also a picture of my bed in the other room with my Airport Express and Bose speakers mounted on the wall. It works nice to have music playing in both rooms or for when I am hanging out in my bed. There's also an 80 GB and 60GB video iPods and a 1 GB iPod nano. It's going to be a pain to move all this stuff at the end of the year haha.

Kinda messy with the wires behind the monitor but there's not much I can do.

Macadvo
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2008, 06:26 PM

You know, I keep saying I'm gonna take some pictures of my setup. Now that I've just dropped £2k on a new 40D and 85mm F/1.2 L I may well do so. It won't be a setup pic as much as pics of my MP and ACD under my studio lights though.

Anyone up for seeing some Mac Pro/Apple glamour shots? lol

Mac User #001
Mac Elite
Feb 13, 2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassvillager View Post
Where can I find a full sized picture of her?
I have returned... 2020 MacBook Air - 1.1 GHz Quad-Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

Forum Links
Forum Rules