Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > BMW Lovos

BMW Lovos
mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 30, 2009, 05:34 AM

Seems to me that Anne has been smoking some illegal substances.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2009, 06:55 AM

I am not sure that I understand what you mean

Our species advances by thinking new thoughts, by exploring the previously unexplored. Sometimes that thinking makes instant sense, sometimes it's just an exploration of an abstract concept. This strikes me as being the latter and while this model seems to have no immediate practical use, I'd be intrigued to learn more about the ideas behind it.

Yose
Senior User
Oct 4, 2009, 02:02 PM

I think this is an interesting approach to communicating emotion between drivers. Right now all we can do is honk the horn, flip the bird… there isn't much else. What if the car could detect frustration or aggression and then express it to other drivers. I'm not saying road rage is a good thing… but it exists… would it be helpful to know that the driver behind me is freaking out? Yeah it would because maybe I'd just get out of their way like I might someone who is stomping around the office or house until they cooled down. Also, maybe it would help the driver of the "enraged" car calm down. Observing ourselves from a distance can help us deal with problems. If we see the car react like this I think it would be easier than realizing we're upset when driving.

It's also very primal, I like that.

Cool stuff!
Yose.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 4, 2009, 02:52 PM

Bangle is gone, but weird design isn't...

Forum Links
Forum Rules