Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iPhone vs. Android smartphones

iPhone vs. Android smartphones
Le Flaneur
Senior User
Jul 21, 2010, 04:48 PM

I'm a die-hard Apple user, and when I tried a Samsung Vibrant (aka Galaxy S) at a T-Mobile store the other day, I expected to be disappointed, but I was actually impressed. Android has come a *long* way, and so has the hardware. Frankly, iOS 4 and the iPhone seems rather limited compared to Android:

1. Android has speech-to-text conversion everywhere there's a keyboard. And guess what? It works well!
2. Amazing Google Voice integration if you use that.
3. Free Google turn-by-turn directions.
4. No hassles about sandboxed apps -- apps can easily access the same files.
5. Much more customizable -- you have multiple home screens which display not only apps, but weather, appointments, etc. (without jailbreaking)
6. Paradoxically, whereas the iPhone marked a radical separation between phone hardware and carriers, it's Android that actually gives the user a choice of carriers! Every U.S. carrier offers Android phones.
7. A decent notification system -- the one in iOS (including 4) is a joke, because new notifications obliterate earlier ones.
8. The dpi difference between the super AMOLED and "retina display" is small enough to be insignificant.
9. Android hardware is getting revised every 3 months or so -- Apple can only manage one new iPhone design per year. Thus, the Galaxy S already has Bluetooth 3.
10. Despite the true multitasking, one review of the Galaxy S stated that the reviewer was able to operate the phone for *2 days* between charges with everything running.

What strong reasons remain for sticking with the iPhone?

zacharace
Jul 21, 2010, 05:51 PM

Despite the growth of Android Market, Apple still has the app edge, both in numbers (200,000+) and in ease of use (the App Store is simply more well-designed at this point). Also, despite Google's best efforts, the iPhone's media capabilities--its built-in iPod--can't be topped. Those two reasons are the main ones I see for sticking with iOS.

ibook_steve
Jul 21, 2010, 06:46 PM

I'm disappointed in the way that Android has already fragmented among multiple hardware vendors. Evo, for example, uses Android 2.1. 2.2 is available, but you can't update to it. Older phones, even those less than a year old, are still stuck at even older versions. On top of this, some manufacturers are adding "bloat" to the OS, just like Dell, etc., does with PCs. This has been a complaint of the owners of the new Droid X from what I've read.

All this versioning and extra stuff has made a simple idea, a portable open phone OS, very complicated. I like Android, but I'm hesitant to getting a phone with it.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 21, 2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
I'm disappointed in the way that Android has already fragmented among multiple hardware vendors. Evo, for example, uses Android 2.1. 2.2 is available, but you can't update to it. Older phones, even those less than a year old, are still stuck at even older versions.
Yes, although to be fair my original iphone still can't send or receive a picture message. The phone came out in 2007 so it isn't because the hardware can't handle it, but apple doesn't want to support the old hardware anymore.

I prefer the iphone because of its integration with my Macs and overall ease of use. Sure I would like to customize more aspects of the phone, but I don't have the patience for the droid menus to do so.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

-Q-
Jul 21, 2010, 09:18 PM

After using a Droid X for the better part of a day today, it has a *long* way to go before I'd tolerate it as my smartphone OS.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2010, 02:02 AM

My friend recently tried to do something simple on his Droid Eris (or w/e it's called).

It was an honest to god simple task, like finding a song to play..

To quote him, "Jesus, that was so complicated it was like landing a man on the fu-king moon."

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 22, 2010, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Le Flaneur View Post
I'm a die-hard Apple user
Me too, although I don't use any iLife apps and I don't use iWork apps. The OS has me by the short and curlies though. Apps side I only use iTunes and Aperture from Apple, Gmail, MSOffice (sue me), Firefox and maybe some Photoshop in the future. I would never get a Windows or Linux machine to replace my principal computer.

Originally Posted by Le Flaneur View Post
What strong reasons remain for sticking with the iPhone?
I'm about to plunge into the world of smartphones now that I can dump my provider with no penalty. I ask myself the iPhone vs Android question every day. I still cannot make up my mind (I'm even thinking that an iPad might be what I really want/need and keep the crappy Sony Ericsson with very cheap monthly charges for just phoning). Its sure that Android will have more and more apps and more and more choice, but isn't that also the case for Windows? I know how I feel about Windows. What does bother me is the jailbreaking (which I would do if I had an iPhone) and the management of your phone afterwards. This sort of stuff seems unnecessary on Android (even if idiots like Sony 'lock' the phone so that you cannot upgrade - wtf?).

The of course, there's the iPhone 4's screen

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jul 23, 2010, 01:44 PM

I'm absolutely thrilled with my Droid Incredible. Far and away better than my old iPhone 3G in almost every way. It's been a pleasure using an OS that allows you to do what YOU want to do rather than what Steve Jobs wants you to do. Things I love:

1) I can ROOT my phone easily

2) widgets FTW

3) Swype (for text input)

4) speech to text and text to speech

5) Google Voice and Google Navigation integration

6) apps that allow customization of your screens

7) apps? Almost every quality app I used on my iPhone is available on Android

8) OS is fast and responsive

9) wireless tethering and wireless hotspot

Can't imagine ever going back to an iPhone after using an Android phone...

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
What does bother me is the jailbreaking (which I would do if I had an iPhone) and the management of your phone afterwards. This sort of stuff seems unnecessary on Android (even if idiots like Sony 'lock' the phone so that you cannot upgrade - wtf?).
Why jailbreak if you can buy it unlocked in France?

What do you really need to run that a stock iPhone can't?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 23, 2010, 07:43 PM

Interesting statistic buried in a bunch of other stuff:

Most iPhone users love AT&T - Jul. 23, 2010
The iPhone is also the gift that keeps on giving: 77% of iPhone owners say they'll buy another iPhone, compared to 20% of Android customers who say they'll buy another Android phone.
That's a rather impressive difference.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 23, 2010, 11:33 PM

Android is a very well polished platform as long as you stay away from devices that are skinned like the Droid X. Sense UI devices would be fine since it's so well done, but Motorola's skins remain awful.

ewiser
Jul 24, 2010, 05:40 AM

I can go 2 days on my iPhone 4 on a charge. I have used Android phones here at work that other users have and really not fond of it . Sort of Windows like and those here who have it are always asking when is the iPhone coming to Verizon. Android will really see how well users like it when the iPhone comes to Verizon. Android is lucky now that they do not have competion with the iPhone and people have to choose it if they do not want to switch carriers. Programs really how could one program effectively with all the different types of hardware on the 99 different Android phones.
People can not replace a part of a phone to get a hardware feature that a program might need. A developer see 3 million users on the iPhone 4 and that is a good pool of users for inovative app's
I am a photographer look at all the app's that use the camera in the iPhone. New one yesterday
Boinx Software - You Gotta See This! panography using the gyroscope in the iPhone 4.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2010, 11:30 AM

77% Of iPhone Owners Say They'll Buy Another -- Versus Just 20% Of Android Owners

77% Of iPhone Owners Say They'll Buy Another -- Versus Just 20% Of Android Owners

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2010, 11:31 AM

Android is for geeks who don't care about the increasing amount of fragmentation that's happening to the platform.

I don't have the patience to find out what app works/doesn't work on my particular combination of phone and Android. I want a solution that works and works well and you can't beat the iPhone for that.

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2010, 11:46 AM

Mostly it comes down to coverage: If VZW has the best coverage where you are, and if you want a smartphone, that's the way you're gonna go.

If coverage is about equal, the one thing that can trump the iPhone is hatred of ATT.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2010, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by amazing View Post

I just wrote that three posts above yours.

Doesn't anybody read what they're replying to anymore?

amazing
Professional Poster
Jul 24, 2010, 04:27 PM

sorry thought i'd read the previous page...oops!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 24, 2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Phileas View Post
Android is for geeks who don't care about the increasing amount of fragmentation that's happening to the platform.

I don't have the patience to find out what app works/doesn't work on my particular combination of phone and Android. I want a solution that works and works well and you can't beat the iPhone for that.
Wouldn't geeks want to have the latest and greatest though? And thus hate fragmentation.

The Android vs. iPhone argument is like the Mac vs. PC argument. If you enjoy the experience, why should you try and let someone persuade you the other way? Personally I like both pretty much equally well. Both have features that I love, and both have features (or don't have rather) that annoys me.

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2010, 12:52 AM

Three weeks ago I changed my aging Pearl BB to a Motorola DEXT MB200. I thought I would "try" a change. Huge mistake. I got carried away because the hardware had a great feel... but the OS (granted is 1.5) is just simply inconvenient for my uses. My uses is practically email... push email and having my agenda, contacts and notes on synch with Outlook. I dont like the twitter/facebook and those things.. too much time consuming. So basically I made a mistake.. that phone is FOR the social thing and not to work like a BB.
Disadvantages that I found:
1. Some apps tend to crash with no reason.. you can feel the lack of refinement on the OS.
2. You can only setup 1 Gmail account.. not more. There are ways around it but I rather watch a movie than to investigate how. If you have an email account with google apps you just can´t set it up... you have to use the browser. Let me be clear you can setup multiple accounts from yahoo, hotmail, etc etc.
3. Email clients check for messages on 15 minutes or greater intervals. I got spoiled with BB where I could get them as in now.
4. The contacts lists is just incovenient. If you want to search for a contact by typing.. well you can´t. Or at least I couldn't find it. You use a touch screen rolodex.. if you have like 800 contacts like I do is just a pain in the butt going letter by letter.
5. Now that you have located the contact there´s really no intuitive way to call or edit it.. I ended up calling someone instead of editing the info.
6. The contacts... I don´t know who in the right mind decided not to send the phone with a direct link to outlook. For crying out loud.. gsm phones back in the day could... here you have to export your contacts list from outlook intoa csv file, import to Gmail.. arrange them in groups ( I do like it that way) and then sync them with the phone. And the thing didn´t worked correctly.. I wished to call a friend and couldn´t find her on my contact list. Sure enough it was in Gmail but not synched on my phone. My stickies were just on outlook.. no way to send them to my phone. There are zillions of third party vendors that offer a way to send the info from outlook to the phone using Gmail... to me it just doesn´t work that way. I just needed a directo connection from outlook to the phone ... and whatever i have on Outlook it better be on the phone.. and no.. it didn´t happend.
7. The battery is just way too short. One day at the most. Looks like the OS is just not optimized at anything.

Being fair there are some nice things too, but I really don't care about making publicity for them. Count me in the % not buying another droid phone before I test one for a week at least with a newer OS.

So.. having said that the hardware looks and feels great but the software is just not to my standard. I had to buy a prepaid phone E43 from Nokia to transfer my number there. Its light, the synch works flawlessley... contacts and notes are there. It just simple and working fine. So looking back I wish I would have stayed on the BB fields. To me the iPhone could have been an alternative but the local carrier wishes to charge an astronomical price for a really poor data plan.. so I value my money a big deal and looked the other way.

regards

jessicaKloser
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 26, 2010, 04:51 AM

I have been using Iphone but never used a smart-phone with the Android, but the android is new and more powerful and there are great applications built to get all the competition from the iphone.
I own a iphone3GS and enjoy the great applications

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2010, 09:23 AM

Polendo, every single issue you speak of doesn't exist in 2.1. Why did you buy a 1.5 device?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2010, 11:19 AM

Double post.

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Polendo, every single issue you speak of doesn't exist in 2.1. Why did you buy a 1.5 device?
It was definetly my mistake. I should have researched thorougly before purchasing it and I did not.
I purchased it because the feel of the phone itself is just awesome.. the keyboard is excellent. I took for granted the synch contacts/agenda with Outlook and push email was there and unfortunately it´s not. Another unfortunate fact is that I can´t return/replace it unless its defective. Meanwhile I´m working with the E63 and if the Motorola people wise up and let the MB200 upgrade to 2,1 then I´m willing to give it a 2nd try. Apparently US MB200s are expected to be able to upgrade to 2,1.. but the Euro and Latin Americans spec are on a limbo. I´m not willing to wait and see. As far as I have read is that 1,5 phones are going to stay there forever.
The time frame between 1,5 and 2,1xx (several months) is so short that it supports my theory that Android was still far from being a serious contender for iPhone´s OS and they had to push faster to polish those inconveniences.
I wish I could test a 2,1 just out of curiosity. Another thing I read is that Android phones are supposed to be carrying a single version and that no apparent modifications are supposed to be made by the manufacturers.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 26, 2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
Counter-question: why can't he just upgrade to 2.1?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 26, 2010, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Spheric Harlot View Post
Probably the same reason I can't upgrade my original iphone to iOS4.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by polendo View Post
Another thing I read is that Android phones are supposed to be carrying a single version and that no apparent modifications are supposed to be made by the manufacturers.
Not yet. Rumour is that with 3.0 (Gingerbread), Google will prohibit skinning. Right now skinning is the major issue with Android that leads to fragmentation. For example, about 2 weeks ago, Google released Android 2.2 (Froyo) publicly. So of course, since the majority of Android devices are running variations of OMAP 3430 processors or ARM Snapdragons that it'd be out on every device pretty instantly. But it was only out for the Nexus One from day one because that was (at the time) the only device for sale in the US without a skin. Now, the Nexus One isn't for sale. So of course OEMs have to test their skins with the new OSes and make changes accordingly. Generally companies like HTC do it fairly quickly. HTC will have 2.2 on most of their phones next month. But another bottleneck is cell providers. For example, in the case of the Droid Eris, HTC came out with the update for Android 2.1 (from 1.5) within a couple weeks of 2.1 going public. But, Verizon didn't deploy 2.1 until months later. Of course, anyone with any technical skills at all could upgrade to 2.1 for the Eris (all it takes is booting off an ISO on a memory card). That's the way it'll be with your Cliq. If and when Motorola updates their (terrible) skin to work with 2.1, you'll be good to go. Those are just a few examples of why a lot of people feel that Android is pieced together. That is certainly a strong point of the iOS platform and being on one provider. Whatever Apple says usually goes.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2010, 10:17 PM

He can when Motorola updates Motoblur for 2.1 (or probably 2.2 will come instead).

ibook_steve
Jul 26, 2010, 10:29 PM

This is one of my biggest problems with Android. You can't just upgrade to the latest OS version because you have to wait for your hardware vendor to support that newer version with their hardware. Since all iPhones are basically the same hardware, all iPhones can be updated whenever Apple updates the iOS. This is not true with Android.

Steve
Celebrating 10 years and 4000 posts on MacNN!

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 26, 2010, 10:50 PM

Is it really any different though from Apple announcing the latest OS in the winter and then shipping it in June?

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 26, 2010, 11:54 PM

The upgrade is not available for my phone. Unfortunately 1,5's were left behind. The only chance is that Motorola lets us upgrade. Somewhere in this planet I'm sure there are people that can install that version of Android, but I'm not willing to experiment on my phone. Though right now I have nothing to loose.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by SSharon View Post
It's three years old?

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by ibook_steve View Post
This is one of my biggest problems with Android. You can't just upgrade to the latest OS version because you have to wait for your hardware vendor to support that newer version with their hardware. Since all iPhones are basically the same hardware, all iPhones can be updated whenever Apple updates the iOS. This is not true with Android.
That, and Android vendors are at the mercy of the carriers, while Apple bypasses them completely for updates.

With Android, you have no idea whether your particular model running your particular carrier's crippled and branded firmware will run a particular app, or whether it ever will in the future because carrier and vendor have agreed to put the work into letting you upgrade.to last year's version eventually.

Buying an "Android phone" is already becoming meaningless.

You buy an iPhone, you get an iPhone. Some carrier services may not work (like Visual Voicemail), and I'm sure This bothers Apple to no end, but the phone's firmware is the same. And at some point the hardware will be forcibly obsoleted. Until then, if your phone runs the OS version required for an app, the app will probably run, end of story.
( Last edited by Spheric Harlot; Jul 27, 2010 at 03:55 AM. )

NeverTriedApple
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2010, 06:01 AM

^^^ Typical Apple fanboyism.

You buy an iPhone, you get an iPhone.
Wrong. You buy an iPhone, you get an iPod. Been like that since the day 1.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by NeverTriedApple View Post
^^^ Typical Apple fanboyism.

Wrong. You buy an iPhone, you get an iPod. Been like that since the day 1.
Hi Troll!

:waves:

polendo
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 27, 2010, 09:37 AM

I think Spheric sum it up correctly. Looks like Android was taken off the oven before it was ready and now they are rushing the whole thing really fast.

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2010, 10:34 AM

An android smartphone will NEVER integrate with my home mac, music library, calendar, photos, etc like an iphone will. My data on my phone is always backed up and safe. Moving to new phone hardware is so simple it should be a crime.

Chances are an android phone will never integrate with ANY computer like an iphone/mac will. Period.

-Q-
Jul 27, 2010, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by scaught View Post
Chances are an android phone will never integrate with ANY computer like an iphone/mac will. Period.
Probable. But Android-based phones are doing a much better job of integrating into the cloud than the iPhone is currently (although they are getting better). For instance, why can't the Photos app sync with my MobileMe albums or Flickr account or Facebook albums (yes, I know there are apps for them, but not the point)?

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 27, 2010, 11:17 AM

I'm enjoying this discussion, it's nice to see an unbiased thread about the merits of either platform!

Spheric is correct, however, all rumours of Android 3.0 make it seem like Google's ready to slow things down and have some even specs and whatnot across the line. It sounds like Google's doing a similar thing to Microsoft with Windows Phone 7: No skinning beyond what is simply aesthetic (IE, no added functionality to break updates), same hardware specs (3.0 will be Snapdragon or Hummingbird-based). They already mandate required hardware keys. Now all it's up to, like I and Spheric have said, is the carriers. Which who knows how they'll continue to handle updates. If Verizon waits six months to put 2.2 on the Incredible even though it'll be ready to ship next month, they're gonna have a lot of pissed off users.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2010, 11:52 AM

It's three years old?
Sure, it came out in June 2007 and I bought it in early July.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 04:07 PM

It's three years old?
Sure, it came out in June 2007 and I bought it in early July.
Yep. And the phone polendo is complaining about came out in November 2009.

The OS was six months old by that time, and there is no upgrade path (at least currently) other than to buy a new, different device.

Will 2.2 or 3 even be compatible with the Moto DEXT MB200?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2010, 04:29 PM

Yep. And the phone polendo is complaining about came out in November 2009.

The OS was six months old by that time, and there is no upgrade path (at least currently) other than to buy a new, different device.

Will 2.2 or 3 even be compatible with the Moto DEXT MB200?
I might understand why iOS4 is too new for the original phone, but there are limitations even with iOS3 meaning that even when the phone was 2 years old it was already being dropped. That is still under applecare so a bit soon if you ask me. I'm not asking for a windows XP style support lifetime, but something closer to the mac desktop would be nice.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 04:47 PM

I might understand why iOS4 is too new for the original phone, but there are limitations even with iOS3 meaning that even when the phone was 2 years old it was already being dropped. That is still under applecare so a bit soon if you ask me. I'm not asking for a windows XP style support lifetime, but something closer to the mac desktop would be nice.
I think Apple's doing as well as can realistically be expected - especially since phones are generally replaced upon contract expiration, every two years.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2010, 05:31 PM

I think Apple's doing as well as can realistically be expected - especially since phones are generally replaced upon contract expiration, every two years.
I'm not as sympathetic toward Apple. They have a whopping 4 models to support. I don't think I am in such a minority either in that I replace my phones every 3 years on average.

I can understand Nokia not wanting to support a 3 year old phone, but they have hundreds of models.

To stay on topic though, I guess we will have to wait and see how Apple v. Android maintain support for "older" hardware. So far I'm calling this one a draw.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Jul 27, 2010, 05:46 PM

A phone released with a six-month-old version of the OS and no update nine months and three os revisions later vs. your phone that's due to be replaced as per your average cycle and has *just* fallen out of official OS support is a "draw"?

Okay.

I can see that you're somewhat miffed. After reading polando's experience, though, I think you're suffering at a rather high plateau of well-being.

NeverTriedApple
Forum Regular
Jul 27, 2010, 06:13 PM

Can someone of iPhone 4 owners advise if following things have changed since iPhone 2G:

1. Sending several attachments in one email.
2. Saving attachments for further editing, sending out, etc.
3. Editing word/excel docs (I believe it was view only in 2G?)
4. Flash support - a dead end?
5. Using Bluetooth for anything else than hands free (e.g. like file transfer)

Thanks.

Hi Troll!

:waves:
Hi yourself, fanboi.

:middlefinger:

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 27, 2010, 06:23 PM

Wow, the iPhone has weaknesses as well. Who knew?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 27, 2010, 06:34 PM

Why jailbreak if you can buy it unlocked in France?

What do you really need to run that a stock iPhone can't?
Sorry, I didn't keep up with this thread.

Unlocked iPhone = very expensive.

A larger screen.

My Samsung Galaxy S arrives tomorrow.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Jul 27, 2010, 06:52 PM

The Galaxy S has been getting good reviews, let us know what you think, will you?

SSharon
Professional Poster
Jul 27, 2010, 08:21 PM

A phone released with a six-month-old version of the OS and no update nine months and three os revisions later vs. your phone that's due to be replaced as per your average cycle and has *just* fallen out of official OS support is a "draw"?

Okay.

I can see that you're somewhat miffed. After reading polando's experience, though, I think you're suffering at a rather high plateau of well-being.
I see what you're saying. Overall I am very happy with my iphone. I was only pointing out that it suffers from similar problems as the android line. The timeframe is a little different because when the original iphone came out there were no (official) third party apps. Even when the phone was brand new it still lacked basic features though (I'm talking about MMS not copy/paste).

And just because I'm replacing my phone after 3 years doesn't mean everyone else is. The phone still holds a great charge and is in otherwise perfect condition. There is no reason that it can't be updated to take advantage of newer features that aren't processor/memory intensive. Threaded emails would be a good example.

Oh and polendo, don't get me wrong I feel worse for you than for my relatively minor complaints. If I was in your position I would be much more upset and not just pointing out that apple isn't perfect like I have been.

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jul 27, 2010, 10:12 PM

A three year old iPhone will work perfectly with the OS it arrived with three years ago.
Newer features demand newer hardware, simple as that. If you can live without these then there's no reason to upgrade.

Android is all over the place at the moment. I was really hoping it would develop into serious competition for the iPhone but right now it looks like Windows Mobile might just beat it to second place. What i've seen so far is looking mighty fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules