Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook turns off when sleeping...

Powerbook turns off when sleeping...
asodamiac
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 10:27 AM

My Powerbook turned off last night when it set it to sleep. I had it charging the whole time (I always had the charger plugged in and never turned off the PB). Is there something wrong? It took a while for the PB to start up as well, and when it did, the fans came on pretty strong and then died down. Is this normal?
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

nate_02
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 10:47 AM

Do you have Tiger installed?

When I went to adjust my brightness last night, my PB just turned off. I don't know if my problem is a hardware issue or Tiger issue.
-nate

asodamiac  (op)
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 04:57 PM

nope no tiger yet. panther 10.3.9. i think it may have been due to my blue tooth mouse. maybe it was waking the pb on and off during the night, but i didnt have this problem before. i guess i'll have to wait and see if it happens again. if it does.. i'll post back up.

but i do have a question.. is it bad to have the powerbook charging constantly? i just put it to sleep and leave the charger in all the time.
Dell 2408WFP

osxisfun
May 2, 2005, 05:01 PM

drain it once a month.

that's what i have heard and you will be ok.

asodamiac  (op)
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 05:20 PM

hmm alright. as of now.. i think i will just use the charger when it needs to be charged.. guess theres no point in having the pb charging at all times.
Dell 2408WFP

osxisfun
May 2, 2005, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
hmm alright. as of now.. i think i will just use the charger when it needs to be charged.. guess theres no point in having the pb charging at all times.
i'd do that but i am tied to my desk for 10 + hrs a day...even with my backup battery it won't last that long

but now that i got the new PB!! i will see if i can tie myself down to multiple desks...

Forum Links
Forum Rules