Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Personality Card?

Personality Card?
-1984-
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2001, 02:10 PM

Can someone please define for me what a Personality Card is? As in the Beige G3 233 comes with the Whisper personality card. Sorry for asking a dumb question amongst such distinguished company, but...

Remember, Windows is just DOS in a clown face.

-Q-
Dec 13, 2001, 06:33 PM

No stupid questions, just smart-assed answers.

The personality card was an audio/visual card that was installed in some of the Beige G3s. It allowed you to connect any device that used RCA jacks into your mac. You could use it to import video from a camera or VCR or record music from a turntable or tape deck. It was a nice accessory (although DV and Firewire made it obsolete for video) to have.

Paul S
Senior User
Dec 14, 2001, 11:28 AM

There were 2 different personality cards offered in the beige G3s. Whisper was one, and I don't remember the name for the other. One only had speaker and mic jacks (I think this was Whisper). The other had speaker, mic, RCA auidio i/o, RCA video i/o and S-Video i/o.

<pb3>
Dec 14, 2001, 01:47 PM

The personality card with the extra features was called Wings.

Forum Links
Forum Rules