Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9 and Print Window Command

OS 9 and Print Window Command
joe@cc
Mar 30, 2001, 05:03 PM

Ever since I have upgraded to OS9 (9.04) I can't get the Print Window command to print all of a folder's content. It works if there are only a few items in the folder, but once it hits a certain amount it stops. In OS8 (any version and lower) if you Print Window it printed the the whole content list inside the selected folder.

Is this a bug inside OS9?

Joe

bluebean
Forum Regular
Mar 30, 2001, 10:35 PM

I'm doubting it's a bug. Although I've got 9.1 on my home machines, I work often on someone else's B&W G3 with 9.04 installed and use the print window feature regularly to print CD contents, sometimes over 60 items ... 2 pages.

Paul Crawford
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2001, 12:54 AM

Hi Joe,

Although the Finder's 'Print Window...' command can sometimes work well in Mac OS 9.0.x (as bluebean pointed out above), it does occasionally fail to print all contained items. This is a known issue which can occur even under Mac OS 8.5.x and 8.6, particularly in large-icon views.

For details, please see Apple's TIL articles Mac OS 8.5.x: Icons Clipped When Printing Finder Windows and Mac OS: Print Window Command May Not Print Correctly. According to a Note in the Topic section of the latter article, this intermittent bug was fixed in Mac OS 9.1.

Regards,

--Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Crawford (edited 03-31-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules