Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > The trick to AIM Banner Hacking

The trick to AIM Banner Hacking
Bluebomber21XX
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 5, 2003, 02:02 AM

Okay, the time has finally come. I am just getting tired of making these damn patches. I am sort of afraid that making this information public will cause AOL to change the way this is done, but I doubt it.

If you would like to learn how to hack the banners, here is how to do it.

Fire up ResEdit and navigate to here in the AIM application:

Contents > Resources > English.lproj > Local Resources.rsrc

You will need to edit two resources to make this work.

PPob 128 Find the word "vali", then delete from the first "begs" before that word to the first "ends" after the ad URL. Then, delete ONLY the word "view" immediately after that.

WIND 128 Adjust the Height to 252.

There you go, that's all there is to it.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

valdur
Forum Regular
Jan 24, 2004, 05:20 PM

hi, i don't have os installed anymore...my question is can i use resorcerer for os x to get the same results?...i have tried to use it...but i must be doing something wrong...can you please be more specific with your instructions?..when u say from the first begs before the word "vali"..does that mean that i delete the word "begs" also..or immediately after that word ends...this also goes for the word "ends"...do i delete and stop right before that word or do i delete that word also?...also...how exactly can i adjust the height?

Bluebomber21XX  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 25, 2004, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by valdur:
hi, i don't have os installed anymore...my question is can i use resorcerer for os x to get the same results?...i have tried to use it...but i must be doing something wrong...can you please be more specific with your instructions?..when u say from the first begs before the word "vali"..does that mean that i delete the word "begs" also..or immediately after that word ends...this also goes for the word "ends"...do i delete and stop right before that word or do i delete that word also?...also...how exactly can i adjust the height?
Use ResEdit.
The online resource for Rockman & Forte!
http://www.bluebomber.com/

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Jan 25, 2004, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Bluebomber21XX:
Use ResEdit.
I think he meant he doesn't have OS 9 installed, in which case, he can't use ResEdit.

But I don't see any reason why Resourcer wouldn't work. The worst that could happen is you'd have to re-download it

Forum Links
Forum Rules