Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook + iPod deal

PowerBook + iPod deal
t4r1q
Jun 22, 2004, 10:21 PM

Like others here I'm waiting for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to be announced at WWDC for PowerBooks, but was wondering about (last year's?) Back to school PB+iPod deal I've heard people talking about.

I've tried searching for any information, but could only find articles discussing a PB+iPod deal from earlier this year in New Zealand/Australia.

Does anyone remember what the deal was (ie. prices), and when it was announced (July, August...)?

simonjames
Mac Elite
Jun 22, 2004, 11:35 PM

there is a deal on at the moment for educational sales in australia - 3 years apple care warranty - $600AUD worth for free. Finishes WWDC 28/6 - better hurry.
this sig intentionally left blank

t4r1q  (op)
Jun 23, 2004, 12:23 AM

Yes and South Korea too (http://www.applestore.co.kr/edu/backtoschool2.html), but that doesn't help me.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jun 23, 2004, 01:35 AM

Originally posted by t4r1q:
Like others here I'm waiting for SOMETHING...ANYTHING to be announced at WWDC for PowerBooks, but was wondering about (last year's?) Back to school PB+iPod deal I've heard people talking about.

I've tried searching for any information, but could only find articles discussing a PB+iPod deal from earlier this year in New Zealand/Australia.

Does anyone remember what the deal was (ie. prices), and when it was announced (July, August...)?
I don't remember the date, but it was a $200 mail-in rebate (plus $100 rebate on an HP printer). The rebates are on top of the normal educational prices.

tooki

HasanDaddy
Forum Regular
Jun 23, 2004, 07:49 AM

I'm sure they'll have the date again - probably start in Late July
"Government is not the solution, its the problem" --- Ronald Reagan

Lancer409
Professional Poster
Jun 23, 2004, 04:59 PM

too bad i didnt wait then ... dag.

Forum Links
Forum Rules